13017Fwd: Some Brady Gossip

  • llj7366@aol.com
    Apr 2, 2008
      In a message dated 4/2/2008 10:29:25 AM Eastern Daylight Time, MRSLJOHNSON52 writes:

      -----------------
      Forwarded Message:
      Subj:Some Brady Gossip
      Date:4/2/2008 10:29:02 AM Eastern Daylight Time
      From:MRSLJOHNSON52
      To:patriots@...

      Patriots' Season in Peril: Tom Brady Misses Voluntary Workouts to Vacation in Europe

      http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/bloggers/ryan-wilson/Posted Apr 1st 2008 7:00PM by Ryan Wilson
      Filed under: Patriots, NFL Fans, NFL Rumors

      Last week, the esteemed Inside Track noted noted that Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen were cavorting around Europe after spending more than a month in Costa Rica earlier this off-season.

      I don't much care about what Brady does away from football; the guy's entitled to go on vacation like the rest of us, but the fact that The Greatest Teammate to Ever Walk the Earth is missing voluntary workouts to kick it in Europe is a bit disconcerting to Patriots fans and scribes, apparently.

      In Mike Reiss' most recent mailbag on the Boston Globe website, he answers this question from a puzzled Pats fan.
      Q: I have been under the impression that Brady is a big part of the off-season work out program and I have been seeing pictures of him running around Europe with Gisele. What's up with that? I would think after the way the season ended he would be front and center in the weight room, not at fashion shows. I hope I am wrong but it seems like he is losing his focus that has made him great in the past. What are your thoughts?

      - Eric
      A: I was surprised to see the pictures myself, Eric. In the grand scheme of things, I don't think it will be a huge deal once the season begins - and Brady will probably still be one of the offseason award winners, meeting the required attendance - but I would say that it didn't look good.

      Despite the fact it's voluntary; I have bought in to the importance of the offseason program over the years, mainly because members of the Patriots - from players, to coaches, to management - have said as much. It's a time to build chemistry and camaraderie in the locker room. Brady is a captain of the team and its top leader, and while I think his focus will be sharp and he'll put in the necessary work to be ready for 2008 -- I wasn't expecting to see those pictures of him during the first week of the program.
      Well, Brady might still win some off-season awards, but he's already out of the running for the perfect attendance certificate. And no amount of brown-nosing will change that. Of course, I imagine being able to make time with Gisele at his leisure more than makes up for some stupid piece of paper.

      http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/photos/nfl-wives-and-girlfriends/310003/

      Whatever, I'm with Reiss; ultimately, this won't have any bearing on Brady's 2008 season. Just like Tony Romo playing a little golf won't affect his preparations for the upcoming season. For some reason, fans think that their favorite athletes should never leave the team's facilities, and under no circumstances should they date, especially if the love interest is a celebrity (even D-listers).

      The argument goes something like this: "athletes are paid millions of dollars to play a game; the least they can do is spend every waking hour studying film/lifting weights/running sprints/finding a way to beat the Mannings." Yes, because that philosophy worked out so well for Todd Marinovich, who, to the best of my knowledge, still doesn't have three Super Bowl rings.