      Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2008 4:48 PM
      Subject: [patriotzip] Who do you want the Patriots to play?

      My father asked me this question today.  My first reaction was Pittsburgh.  Of course Tennessee wouldn't be bad either.  But then I had a chance to think about it.  I go on the CBS sportsline message board a lot and the Patriots haters are there in full force.  So I thought, well if the Pats played Jax (flavor of the month, got hot at the right time, etc.), Indy (Defending champs, "real super bowl"), and Dallas (America's team, best in NFC), then at least they will have beat every team that all the haters thought could take down the Pats.  A little more thought gave me one more interesting scenario.  If the Pats played the Titans, Jags, and Pack, then they will have played, and beaten 11 of the 12 playoff teams at some point during the season.  How cool would that be?  What an amazing statement that could make for best team ever.  The '72 fins couldn't make a claim like that.  This formula also works if the play the Bucs in the Super Bowl, but c'mon lets be serious.
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic