      From: patriots-bounces@... [mailto:patriots-bounces@...] On
      Behalf Of RandyZ. Pierce
      Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2007 1:39 PM
      To: Bosco Patriot Listt
      Cc: patriotzip@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: Asante dealt a blow by the signing of Probowler Nathan Vasher

      The last line of the article was interesting to me as they tried to coax the
      numbers out of the agent. He said only that the Patriots knew what numbers
      were required to gte it done. This makes me think it is so ludicrous he
      isn't willing to embarass himself or client by sharing it with the public
      but there may of course be other factors. Still if they were reasonable
      numbers I think he'd have been more willing to share them. I'd have loved
      to hear some tougher questions asked on things like what Assante was
      offerred last year when the Pats tried to wrap him up much like he credited
      the Bears with doing just now (with one year left). I'd be similarly
      interested in hearing why 8 Million this year is an insult worth not playing
      to receive yet his client will receive far less for sitting out the bulk of
      the season only to be tagged again next year - and hafter a year out of
      football have little value enhancement in free agency.

      Really the numbers and business end don't concern me except perhaps as a
      measure for how close the sides are to finding a compromise.

      While I keep hope for Randall Gay the early reports on James were not
      particularly encouraging.