Welcome

  • Pip Hardy
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 30, 2006
      Welcome to the Patient Voices discussion group.

      As the Patient Voices programme has grown, it has been our intention
      to establish a discussion group to facilitate the growth of a
      community of practice around the use of digital storytelling in
      healthcare.

      Initially this group will also form part of a research project that
      is attempting to discover the impact of the Patient Voices digital
      stories in healthcare education and quality improvement. I hope that
      this 'virtual' group will remove some of the problems posed by
      geographical distance and different time zones!

      We would love to hear your views of the stories - perhaps you have
      seen them on the website, or used them with colleagues or students,
      viewed them at a conference - or perhaps you have made your own
      story. Please share your thoughts, experiences and aspirations, in
      the hope that by collaborating in this way, we can work together to
      make healthcare better, safer, more compassionate and more
      appropriate to the needs of patients, carers, service users and all
      those who work in healthcare.

      I look forward to hearing from you.

      With very best wishes

      Pip Hardy
    • Tony Sumner
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 5, 2006
        --- In patientvoices@yahoogroups.com, "Pip Hardy" <pip@...> wrote:

        > Welcome to the Patient Voices discussion group.
        >
        > As the Patient Voices programme has grown, it has been our
        intention
        > to establish a discussion group to facilitate the growth of a
        > community of practice around the use of digital storytelling in
        > healthcare.
        >
        > Initially this group will also form part of a research project that
        > is attempting to discover the impact of the Patient Voices digital
        > stories in healthcare education and quality improvement. I hope
        that
        > this 'virtual' group will remove some of the problems posed by
        > geographical distance and different time zones!
        >
        > We would love to hear your views of the stories - perhaps you have
        > seen them on the website, or used them with colleagues or students,
        > viewed them at a conference - or perhaps you have made your own
        > story. Please share your thoughts, experiences and aspirations, in
        > the hope that by collaborating in this way, we can work together to
        > make healthcare better, safer, more compassionate and more
        > appropriate to the needs of patients, carers, service users and all
        > those who work in healthcare.
        >
        > I look forward to hearing from you.
        >
        > With very best wishes
        >
        > Pip Hardy

        Thanks, PilgrimP - this is a test reply to see how it's going

        Tony