Fwd: 5 women beaten to death for being 'witches'

  • agent23
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 2, 2002

    • jedipilot15@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 2, 2002
        That is...horrible. I'm in shock
      • selvin9502@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 2, 2002
          yes.... yes it is
        • serenamuna@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 3, 2002
            And to think we thought this stuff never happens anymore.

            Yours in Wisdom and Magick,
            Willow <|:)
          • raymondkitten@aol.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 3, 2002
              we dont have village mobs like they did. we still have hatred.
              i didnt think wicca and witchcraft had invaded india so bad yet. i didnt think india was such a patriarchal god-fearing place that they would beat women for being witches.
              in any case, that is a culture not much like our own, and i can expect different things to happen there. i can also expect that the women may not have been killed for being witches especially, but perhaps there was something lost in the translation and the original meaning was 'women who do evil magic to hurt people'.
              perhaps witchcraft was a killing offense in that small backwards village.
              btw, under the no-fwds rule, avery has been expelled.
              sincerely,
              Raymond
            • Diana Elkins
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 4, 2002
                It is hard to imagine that this can still happen. I weep also for all the
                people that we never hear about. May they find happiness in the Summer
                Lands.
                Briza/Diana

                >From: serenamuna@...
                >To: pathofthecraft@yahoogroups.com
                >Subject: Re: [pathofthecraft] Fwd: 5 women beaten to death for being
                >'witches'
                >Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2002 10:44:24 -0400
                >
                >And to think we thought this stuff never happens anymore.
                >
                >Yours in Wisdom and Magick,
                >Willow <|:)

                "Believe in Magick"

                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 6, 2002

                  It is unfortunate and throughly disgusting that this still happens.

                  BB,

                  Josiphine

                    agent23 <secretmage@...> wrote:

                  >Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2002 01:15:52 +0800
                  >From: "Event Zero Graphics"
                  >To: witchlist@yahoogroups.com
                  >Subject: [witchlist] 5 women beaten to death for being 'witches'
                  >
                  >TIMES NEWS NETWORK [ THURSDAY, AUGUST 01, 2002 11:06:19 PM ]KOLKATA: Five
                  >tribal women suspected of being witches were beaten to death by a village
                  >mob in West Bengal, a senior police official said on Thursday.
                  >Police superintendent Siddhnath Gupta said the incident took place on
                  >Monday at Kilkat tea garden inside Duars forest in the foothills of
                  >Himalayas, about 600 km from Calcutta.
                  >"Police raided the village on Wednesday after two bodies were found
                  >floating in the river Murti that flows beside the village," he said.
                  >He said ten people in the village who were questioned about the deaths
                  >gave details of the gory incident.
                  >The five women's ages were between 45 to 55 years. The village people
                  >suspected them of practising witchcraft after a car driver at the tea
                  >garden, Bandhay Oran, died of an unknown disease, Gupta said.
                  >"The village jury called a meeting on Tuesday and ordered the five women
                  >to be killed as they pronounced them guilty of practising witchcraft," he
                  >added.
                  >Locals said the women were beaten to death in front of a cheering crowd in
                  >the village, Gupta.
                  >

                  >IMPy
                  >
                  >--
                  >Sign-up for your own FREE Personalized E-mail at Mail.com
                  >http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup
                  >
                  >Get 4 DVDs for $.49 cents! plus shipping & processing. Click to join.
                  >http://adfarm.mediaplex.com/ad/ck/990-1736-3566-59
                  >

                  >May the Peace and Power of the Goddess and God awaken within you.
                  >
                  >#Witch Homepages & mp3 station page:
                  >http://www.geocities.com/athens/oracle/4939
                  >http://www.virtue.nu/efnetwitch
                  >http://www.mp3.com/stations/efnetwitch