Re: [pathofthecraft] February Book....and beyond

  • raymondkitten@aol.com
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 1, 2002
      witchcrafting would be cool, and fellowship of the ring, and i suppose the
      murder mystery (although i lean toward marion zimmer bradley)

      i saw this really cool new book though, at barnes and noble... too bad i cant
      find it on amazon.com

      Raymond
    • Henderson, Marsha
      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 1, 2002
        Yeah - 1 vote so far - and if you can remember the other book name - please
        respond....(Marsha)

        Message 3 of 18 , Feb 2, 2002
          Hi Everyone!
          It was great finally getting to meet and put face with names!

          I have started Witch Crafting and it will spark some interesting
          discussions...the others have interested me so it will give me incentive to
          read them..... the Princess of Avalon also sounds good as I loved The Mists
          of Avalon.
          Another book to consider may be "Advanced Wicca" by Patricia Teleso. I
          have started it and it has inspired me to be more creative with my own
          path. I have yet to finish it as it seems I am always reading 3 to 4 books
          at a time. ( old college habits sometimes never die!)

          I look forward to our next meeting and am planning on staying active with
          the group!

          Hey! Did everyone have a fun time at the opening day at the Renaissace
          Faire? I want to go this year as I didn't make it last year and I can't
          find any of my friends who are interested in going this year. So if anyone
          is planning to go again or couldn't go on the 2nd, I'd like to try to go
          with!

          TJ
        • Henderson, Marsha
          Message 4 of 18 , Feb 2, 2002
            Thank you for vote number 2 - I am actually working on a Saturday - and I
            will keep all the votes tallied - so far it looks like "The Priestess of
            Avalon" is getting a March vote... Marsha/Noel Etoile - decided to add on to
            my magick name (Christmas Star) - :)

            Message 5 of 18 , Feb 2, 2002
              Bethany votes for Priestess of Avalon

              Message 6 of 18 , Feb 2, 2002
                I agree with The Fellowship of the Ring. What are the
                other 2 about? I can't say I've ever heard of them.
                BB,
                Josiphine
                --- "Henderson, Marsha"
                <marsha.henderson@...> wrote:

                > Hi Everyone;
                >
                > Just an update - February's book - is (any) Scott
                > Cunningham book you may
                > have at home - or - that is easily accessible. We
                > thought it would just be
                > nice to share some thoughts on Scott from his
                > various works.
                >
                > Next meeting - 4th Monday (Feb25th) - 7pm at the
                > Willow House 3rd Avenue and
                > McDowell - Downtown Phoenix.
                >
                > So - next question - what book/books would you guys
                > like for our
                > March/April/May - books....
                >
                > Here are some suggestions - March (Novel) - D.J.
                > Conway "Dream Warrior" - or
                > - Silver Ravenwolf "Murder at Witches Bluff" - or -
                > Marion Zimmer Bradley
                > "Priestess of Avalon" -
                >
                > ** Please ** respond - so we can all find our March
                > book and agree on a
                > title - what are your suggestions????
                >
                > April - Phyllis Curott - Witch Crafting
                >
                > May - (Novel) - How about J.R.R. Tolkien -
                > "Fellowship of the Ring"
                >
                > ***So - like I said earlier - HELP.... (we need to
                > make a definate plan for
                > our upcoming books)....
                >
                > I vote for - March - Murder at Witches Bluff
                > April - Witch Crafting
                > May - Fellowship of the Ring
                >
                > Love and Magick; Marsha/Noel :)

                =====
                Blessed Be,
                Josiphine

                The Goddess is Alive and Magick is Afoot!

                http://auctions.yahoo.com
              • Josiphine Silvermoon
                Message 7 of 18 , Feb 2, 2002
                  Raymond..you missed it. I finally got Angel to join
                  us this month!
                  Josiphine

                  =====

                  Message 8 of 18 , Feb 3, 2002
                    TJ,
                    Angel and I are planning on going later in the season.
                    I mentioned it to Sarah briefly, but I was thinking
                    maybe the group could go again later. I know several
                    of us couldn't go this time.
                    Let me know when you'd like to try for!
                    BB,
                    Josiphine

                    =====
                    Blessed Be,
                    Josiphine

                    The Goddess is Alive and Magick is Afoot!

                    http://auctions.yahoo.com
                  • Branwen Nightfall
                    Message 9 of 18 , Feb 3, 2002
                      --- "Henderson, Marsha"
                      <marsha.henderson@...> wrote:

                      or -
                      > March: Marion Zimmer Bradley
                      > "Priestess of Avalon" -
                      >
                      > April - Phyllis Curott - Witch Crafting
                      >
                      > May - (Novel) - How about J.R.R. Tolkien -
                      > "Fellowship of the Ring"

                      I am fine with all of these books, and even in this
                      order. OR we could swap the order of the March and
                      May books, since Lord of the Rings is kind of a hot
                      topic right now. Not that that book will ever go out
                      of style, but since I just read it (heehee), I would
                      be more inclined to remember it if we discuss it in
                      March than in April. But that's just my two cents.

                      <:-)
                      Branwen

                      http://auctions.yahoo.com
                    • Elisabeth Mabie - PARKSX
                      Message 10 of 18 , Feb 4, 2002
                        Forest House By Marion Zimmer Bradely was a great book too!

                        Message 11 of 18 , Feb 4, 2002
                          "Priestess of Avalon" gets my vote.

                          Message 12 of 18 , Feb 4, 2002
                            We seem to have several votes so far for "Priestess of Avalon" - so that
                            looks the direction we are headed

                            Message 13 of 18 , Feb 4, 2002
                              Priestess of Avalon - is the Prequel to Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer
                              Bradley and was her final book before she passed away....

                              =====
                              Blessed Be,
                              Josiphine

                              The Goddess is Alive and Magick is Afoot!

                            • Serena .
                              Message 14 of 18 , Feb 7, 2002
                                I like Branwen's suggestion, I just bought Fellowship of the Ring and the
                                next one. I am very interested in "Priestess of Avalon".

                                Serena

                                >From: Branwen Nightfall <branwen71@...>
                                >To: pathofthecraft@yahoogroups.com
                                >Subject: Re: [pathofthecraft] February Book....and beyond
                                >Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 18:58:42 -0800 (PST)
                                >

                                >--- "Henderson, Marsha"
                                ><marsha.henderson@...> wrote:
                                > >
                                >or -
                                > > March: Marion Zimmer Bradley
                                > > "Priestess of Avalon" -
                                > >
                                > > April - Phyllis Curott - Witch Crafting
                                > >
                                > > May - (Novel) - How about J.R.R. Tolkien -
                                > > "Fellowship of the Ring"
                                > >

                                >I am fine with all of these books, and even in this
                                >order. OR we could swap the order of the March and
                                >May books, since Lord of the Rings is kind of a hot
                                >topic right now. Not that that book will ever go out
                                >of style, but since I just read it (heehee), I would
                                >be more inclined to remember it if we discuss it in
                                >March than in April. But that's just my two cents.
                                >
                                ><:-)
                                >Branwen

                                >Great stuff seeking new owners in Yahoo! Auctions!
                                >http://auctions.yahoo.com

                              • Josiphine Silvermoon
                                Message 15 of 18 , Feb 7, 2002
                                  So Priestess of Avalon came first? I thought it came
                                  after Mists of Avalon!
                                  BB,
                                  Josiphine

                                  --- "Henderson, Marsha"

                                  =====
                                  Blessed Be,
                                  Josiphine

                                  The Goddess is Alive and Magick is Afoot!

                                  http://greetings.yahoo.com
                                • Henderson, Marsha
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Feb 8, 2002
                                    It was her last book written - but it is supposed to be the story of the
                                    Priestess prior to Arthur...

                                    Message 17 of 18 , Feb 9, 2002
                                      So I don't have to try to read Mists of Avalon first?
                                      Josiphine
                                      --- "Henderson, Marsha"