Fwd: Valley book clubs meet for a collaborative b ook drive to benefit local non-profit agencies.

  • Morgaine StormDancer
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2012
      Got this info from Changing Hands about a book drive they are doing on Sept 9th.  I will be out of town, but just forwarding the info along in case anyone would like to participate/donate.

      From: Shelly Segal <shelly.s@...>
      Date: Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 2:50 PM
      To: Shelly Segal <shelly.s@...>
      Cc: Pinna Joseph <pinna.joseph@...>

      Dear Bookgroup Leaders,

      We hope you can participate:

      Collaborative Book Drive | Brighter with Books

      09/09/2012 3:00 pm
      09/09/2012 5:00 pm
      3–5PM SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 9
      "Brighter with Books" Collaborative Book Drive
      Valley book clubs meet for a collaborative book drive to benefit local non-profit agencies.

      Collect books with your book club, friends, and family, and join us for a collaborative book drive to benefit the small libraries of Fresh Start Women's Foundation and Homeward Bound. Both agencies accept new and used books; current best sellers and children's books are most requested. Afterwards, meet other book club members at a reception. More info: Gia Venturi at giachristo@....

      ABOUT THE AGENCIES
      Fresh Start FRESH START WOMEN'S FOUNDATION is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping empower women through the services of the Jewell McFarland Lewis-Fresh Start Women's Resource Center. This Center, the first comprehensive self-help center for women in the country, opened in October, 2002 and is currently accommodating more than 2,500 visits a month by women hoping to improve their lives. More »

      Homeward BoundHOMEWARD BOUND is a non-profit organization that focuses on one goal: working hand-in-hand with children and their families to embrace each day with hope, determination and empowerment. Homelessness and domestic violence destroy families in our community. Homeward Bound breaks multi-generational cycles of homelessness, welfare dependence and domestic violence and creates self-reliance through housing and compassionate client-centered services. More »

      Regards,
      Shelly Segal
      Assistant Sale Book Buyer
        and Consignment Coordinator