The Book of Chakra Healing

  • Morgaine StormDancer
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2011
      We had a good discussion on Saturday about the The Book of Chakra Healing.  It was very accessible, and easy to understand and handy as a reference for the correspondences.  I might recommend it as a beginner introduction but was hoping for more in depth exercises or meditations to balance the chakras.  I was talking to Anthony about it when I remembered I have an old chakra book from a 2nd hand book store that I hadn't read yet - I wish I'd remembered before because I would have liked to bring it and show you guys.  But it is much closer to what I was looking for - AND was just waiting for me on my shelf.  Go figure!

      I'm interested in the idea of using a pendulum to try and divine the strength and energy flow of the chakras, which Emily brought up.  And Jade mentioned the 7 Harry Potter books as related to the 7 chakras, which was funny but actually a really intriguing idea when you start to think about it!  I googled it and found a couple articles, including this one:   http://www.elephantjournal.com/2011/07/harry-potter-and-the-seven-chakras-frankie-crawford/
      But I think we could write something much better ourselves!

      Special thanks to Jade for driving Anthony and I to book group and back!!  We would not have been able to attend otherwise!

      Next month's book is Tales of a Female Nomad by Rita Golden Gelman.  I already finished it - I started it right away and it was hard to put down.  I will probably even pick up her sequel this month too, which is Female Nomad and Friends: Tales of Breaking Free and breaking Bread Around the World.

      And the next chapter of Evolutionary Witchcraft is Chapter 7 (Powers Above: Rising and Dreaming).

      Blessings,
      Becky