Re: [PathoftheCraft] Eastern Body, Western Mind

  • SeverusSnape
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2010
      I agree that the link between the chakra systems and psychology was intriguing and I also thought of specific people in relation to chakra blockage.  My disappointment was that the book was written from a therapist to a therapist and I felt left out of the conversation.  I was also troubled by the lack of solutions provided in the text although Emily assured us that the previous book supplies those solutions.  I was overwhelmed by the weighty and laborious style of writing which reminded me of the Illiad or the Oddessey (where everything is repeated three times.)  I hope to be able to finish the book and work through the diagnosis of my own issues, but I will have to look to another source for information on how to clear up my own chakras.  Anyone have a good suggestion?

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 6, 2010
        That's a good point - now that you mention it I realize that the author was pretty exclusively speaking from a therapist to therapist perspective.  So is the first one more beginner/self help oriented while this is the more advanced/professional one?

        I'll still be finishing this one because I am learning so much about the chakras as a whole system.  Any other information or books I've read will address the chakras individually and seperately.

        Becky