November Book

  • Samuel McQuiston
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 5, 2009
      Does anyone know/think that Border's will still have copies of the November book behind the counter or should I ask for help in finding it?

      Thanks:-)
      --Samuel McQuiston

    • Morgaine
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 10, 2009
        Samuel,

        Sorry for the late reply to this. Did you find the book? The monthly books are always held behind the main checkout counters under "Path of the Craft" since they are considered special orders.

        Blessings,
        Becky

        Samuel McQuiston <swm89@...> wrote:

        >Does anyone know/think that Border's will still have copies of the November book behind the counter or should I ask for help in finding it?

        >Thanks:-)
        >--Samuel McQuiston

      • Morgaine StormDancer
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 10, 2009
          I tried to reply to this once already, but it doesn't look like it worked!

          Were you able to get a copy of the book, Samuel?  Extra copies of our books will always be behind the main counter under "Path of the Craft" since they are considered special orders.

          On a related note, we have a new contact person at Borders handling our special orders and the events calender.  When I called a couple days ago she seemed very enthusiastic to hear from me - they have NOT been organized at all as far as their book groups go - so she didn't even know who we were or when we meet or anything.  (Which explains why the majority of Borders employees seemed surprised when we come in each month I guess -- no one has been keeping track, or else whoever was supposed to wasn't.)  So it sounds like we'll start being on the calendar again, which is great.  :)

          Becky

          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 11, 2009
            Yes I did get it after some confusion with the border's people.

            In the end my hope prevailed and they found it and everything :-)
            I started reading it the other day and i could barely put it down.

            I am very excited for this months meeting so I can get back into the grove of things :-)

            See you all then:-)

            --Samuel McQuiston

            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 11, 2009

              Ok, I'm glad to hear that you got it after all!  See you in a couple weeks, happy reading!  :)

              Becky
            • arklin
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 13, 2010

                Couple of times I asked them at the counter, and the books had been moved to the regular shelving (upstairs, I think).

                Of course, I don't always make it to the meeting. Good news, my job MAY be safe (again) for now.

                Bad news, we're busier. I worked until 7:30pm last Saturday.

                This month's book is the last of those I ordered online. That means I can get the next one there at Borders.

                Wow did Beauty ever take some turns. Still haven't finished it.

                June's book is up my alley - partly because I have both Sun and Moon in Aries.

                By the way I want to recommend the mini-series "Rome" (HBO) to anyone who likes good DVDs.

                It has a LOT of reference to Gods, Goddesses, everyday ritual, and so on.

                They tried to make it as historically accurate to that kind of thing as they could.

                Costco has it for cheap right now, too.

                It's very racy, and gory though - not at all for kids.

                :n)

              • Morgaine StormDancer
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 19, 2010
                  Hey Mike,

                  Don't know if you've been keeping up with the more recent posts about Borders and ordering, but all our future ordering will need to be done online by each individual member - up to you if you want to get it from Borders, Amazon, or whoever.  Borders just doesn't want to do the bulk ordering for us anymore.  Not that they were very consistent about it to begin with!

                  Glad you got ahold of this month's book.  I saw you mention June's book and being an Aries and I had to go look at the list to jog my memory... Seeing Pagan Anger Magic made me laugh!  (Only because I know a good amount of Aries, including 2 sisters!)  Ha!

                  I've heard good things about Rome... will need to pick it up on DVD one of these days.

                  Glad to hear the job is looking safe.  Hope you can make it out to one of the meetings soon!

                  Blessings,
                  Becky