Re: [PathoftheCraft] May Meeting

  • Morgaine StormDancer
    Message 1 of 3 , May 5, 2007
      Verik - Sorry you'll miss it, but I'm sure it will be beautiful in the mountains!  Feel free to post any thoughts, impressions or research about Isis you want to share, even though you won't be able to attend.  The talking stick will be an ongoing project, so it is not time critical.

      For everyone who didn't attend April's meeting, we had a great discussion about Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman, which is an excellent fiction book that takes inspiration from the African myth of Anansi the Spider.  Our book for May is The Goddess Path by Patricia Monaghan.  We had everyone pick a chapter to sort of lead the discussion on that particular goddess or goddesses.  Verik has Isis, Raymond has Kuan Yin, Joanne has Brighid, Amanda has the Maenads, and I have the Muses.  (That's all from memory, so if I'm wrong or missed someone let me know!)  If anyone else would like to pick a chapter/goddess, send me a message.  :)

      Also, we talked about making an official talking stick for the group.  So we're encouraging everyone to bring something special to add to it, whether that be a piece of fabric, ribbon, leather, stone, feathers, etc.

      Blessings,
      Morgaine/Becky

      P.S.  Here's the rest of the year's list for anyone looking ahead:

      May:            Goddess Path: Myths, Invocations, & Rituals by Patricia Monaghan

      June:            Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling

      July:             The Wild God by Gail Wood

      August:           The Onion Girl by Charles De Lint

      September:      Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking by Malcolm Gladwell

      October:           The Golden Compass (His Dark Materials, Vol. 1) by Philip Pullman

      November:           Seventy-Eight Degrees of Wisdom by Rachel Pollack

      December:          The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran

      On 4/25/07, Verik <vchef@...> wrote:

      When I got home the other night, I looked at my calendar and I'll be
      in the mountains (Pinetop) on Memorial Day weekend so I won't be at
      the meeting. I was doing Isis but can still give you something for
      the Talking Stick. I don't know why the trip wasn't in my day
      planner...Have a wonderful month-two full moons! Yea! See you in
      June, the June book is Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
      right? Just let me know if it's not.
      Blessings,
      Verik

    • Morgaine StormDancer