Wee Free Men

  • Morganacat@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 3, 2005
      Just a reminder to everyone that this month's book is Terry Pratchett's "Wee Free Men".  I just started it and it looks like its going to be a fun read!  Here's a link:

      Would love to see more of you at this month's meeting!  (And if you're looking for the book at Borders, they seem to be putting it in the young adult section.)  Happy reading!

      Becky
    • arklin
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 11, 2005
        Hello Paganistas,

        I was at Borders on Mill Avenue tonight, and then later at Borders Mesa.

        Both Cafes are under construction.

        The woman at the "help" desk (in Tempe) said that the construction would
        not be complete until the "End of September"

        The entire Cafe is screened off with plastic sheeting at both locations.

        This is FYI so we can begin scrying for a substitute location in the
        event the Cafe is not done.

        Mike

        PS I'm enjoying Wee Free Men, so thanks Raymond for the great book.
      • Morganacat@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 12, 2005
          Yeah, I'll be calling Borders as our meeting approaches to get updates.  I think, even if the cafe isn't done in time, we could still find a suitable space within or outside the store.

          I finished Wee Free Men... good book.  I love the dialogue with the Scottish accents.  :)

          Becky

          I was at Borders on Mill Avenue tonight, and then later at Borders Mesa.

          Both Cafes are under construction.

          The woman at the "help" desk (in Tempe) said that the construction would
          not be complete until the "End of September"

          The entire Cafe is screened off with plastic sheeting at both locations.

          This is FYI so we can begin scrying for a substitute location in the
          event the Cafe is not done.

          Mike

          PS I'm enjoying Wee Free Men, so thanks Raymond for the great book.

          <FONT COLOR="#000099">Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make
          Yahoo! your home page
          </FONT><A HREF="http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/weWolB/TM"><B>Click
          Here!</B></A>

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Branwen
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 12, 2005
            the cafe at my Borders (in Chandler) is not scheduled to open until Wednesday the 28th. I believe that this would be the same date for the Tempe store, so we'll have to meet elsewhere, or just find a corner at the bookstore to gather at, instead of in the cafe.

            this book is making me laugh out loud, prompting co-workers to ask me what I'm reading.  My favorite so far is the part when they keep telling her to "dinna fash yerself" and she asks the frog if she's fashing, because it would be horrible to be fashing herself and not know it.  rofl!

            Sara