Re: Re-thinking the Watchtowers

  • Becky aka Morgaine
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 9, 2004
      I highly recommend that article to get you thinking, as well as a sort
      of "rebuttal" to it here:
      http://www.witchvox.com/words/words_2003/e_watchtrowers.html

      Then your head will really be spinning! ;) No seriously, they are
      both very interesting articles and however you do decide to practice
      you'll have a better understanding of why...

      Blessings,
      Morgaine

      --- In pathofthecraft@yahoogroups.com, "Branwen" <branwen@c...> wrote:
      > At tonight's book group meeting, we brought up a topic that has been
      around before in previous discussions, regarding the placement of the
      four elements in their directional quadrants. Air = East, Fire =
      South, etc. Elen Hawke, in The Sacred Round brings up the idea that
      the "traditional" correspondences don't always work for everyone, so
      instead they can be modified to fit someone's own personal situation.
      For example, if someone lives on the East Coast, they might have more
      of an affinity placing Water in the East, since this geographically
      makes more sense to them than the "usual" West assignment.

      > I had discovered a website about this topic a few years ago, and
      promised to post it again, so here it is, for your perusal:

      > http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/5839/rethinkingthewatchtowers.html
      >
      > I enjoyed this book - it was easy to read, and had some excellent
      meditations described. The author says that the newcomer and advanced
      person would both find topics of value in the book. I am somewhere in
      between those two states, and I did pick up a few good ideas and
      things to think about. We thought (at the meeting) that it would be a
      good book to add to a list of "Wicca 101" titles.

    • emeraldas66@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 10, 2004
        Very insightful and I especially like the Yin/Yang reference since the Tao has been very resonant with me this turning.
        Has anyone else read the "Tao of Pooh" and the "Te of Piglet"