September's Book

  • Morganacat@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 17, 2004
      Hi Everyone,

      Raymond and I tried to get Borders to either order The Little Country or The Onion Girl by Charles de Lint, but they are unable to get either to us in time. The Little Country has been listed as our September book since March, although I noticed some of you mentioning last book group that you thought we were going to read the Onion Girl. Borders tried to tell us that The Little Country is OOP, but its available new on Amazon and abundantly available used--
      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0312876491/qid=1092770879/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/103-1780427-3082256?v=glance&s=books

      But I'll put it to you guys, since we're going to have to order the books ourselves. Do any of you have a preference between the two? If you do, please post something ASAP so we can definitively say which book we'll do and people can order it.

      Also, if you are unable to order from the internet for any reason, just let me know (and if you'd like it used or new) and I will get a copy for you and you can reimburse me later.

      Don't forget--book group on August 23rd at 7pm at Borders!!! We're discussing Raven Grimassi's The Witches' Craft.

      Blessings,
      Morgaine
    • Sandy
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 19, 2004
        Hi Morgan, Raymond and everyone else,
        I got my copy of The Little Country through Amazona.com. I have
        already read about half of it, and even though I have not read The
        Onion Girl or know anything about it. I absolutly love The Little
        Country. I can't put it down, it has romance, magick and mystery, I
        have been having so much fun reading it. Well, that is just my
        opinon, I can't wait to finish it to see what happens to the herione
        and hero. :-) Just my two cents.

        Blessings,
        Sandy
        See you all the 23rd (My class dont start till Sept. so I can make
        this months meeting..yeah! lol)

        In pathofthecraft@yahoogroups.com, Morganacat@a... wrote:
[...]

      • i_xheem
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 24, 2004
          Hi everyone,

          So what book was decided upon for September?

          x.
        • Morganacat@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 24, 2004
            Ah yes, thanks for asking!

            We're going to go ahead and read The Little Country by Charles DeLint. We did discover that although Borders kept telling us it was OOP, it is actually very much in print and they even had one trade paperback copy last night. Unfortunately this discovery was a little too late for us to ask them to order more. However, it is MUCH cheaper to get it used for a couple dollars online since the trade paperback is $15.

            Anyway, I think everyone will enjoy the book. It takes place in Ireland, and of course has its "otherworld" and magic, specifically the sort of magic that both music and writing can evoke.

            Thanks to everyone who came to book group last night!! I think those of us who read Raven Grimassi's book were pleasantly surprised to find it different than any other "beginner" type books out there, with a lot of food for thought. I will try to post my own review on the message board soon!

            Also, it's getting toward the end of the year, so you might want to just begin thinking if there are any books you'd like to suggest for next years list. :)

            Blessings,
            Morgaine
          • raymondkitten@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 24, 2004