samhain coming up!

  • raymondkitten@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1 1:26 PM
      in only what, 2 months?
      what is everyone going to be?
      im going to try and make a papier mache Thoth mask.
      becky is going to try and be an elf.
      what about everyone else?
    • Diana Elkins
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 1 3:56 PM
        Have not decided yet. I always wait till the last minute. Hope I have a car
        so I can make Sharon's party this year.
        Briza3/Diana

        >From: raymondkitten@...
        >To: pathofthecraft@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [pathofthecraft] samhain coming up!
        >Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2002 16:26:29 -0400
        >
        >in only what, 2 months?
        >what is everyone going to be?
        >im going to try and make a papier mache Thoth mask.
        >becky is going to try and be an elf.
        >what about everyone else?

        "Believe in Magick"

      • Serena .
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 9 8:27 AM
          I wanted to be a fairy but funds will be a factor. Not sure what else I
          would like to be ???

          Serena

          >From: raymondkitten@...
          >To: pathofthecraft@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [pathofthecraft] samhain coming up!
          >Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2002 16:26:29 -0400
          >
          >in only what, 2 months?
          >what is everyone going to be?
          >im going to try and make a papier mache Thoth mask.
          >becky is going to try and be an elf.
          >what about everyone else?

        • Reddy, Sharon
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 9 9:01 AM
            RE: [pathofthecraft] samhain coming up!

            I'm going to be a "Dark Fairie" this year.  I got a dress from a resale shop with a black velvet stretchy top and cut off the bottom.  Went to SAS on Indian School and 14th ( a great cheap fabric store) and bought really inexpensive material and sewed it onto the bottom.  It's a irridescent purple and green.  You could even sew it on without a sewing machine if you didn't have one.  And now they have fabric glue, too.  Total cost was $8.00.  "Fairies Rule".

            I wanted to be a fairy but funds will be a factor. Not sure what else I
            would like to be ???

            Serena

            >From: raymondkitten@...
            >To: pathofthecraft@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [pathofthecraft] samhain coming up!
            >Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2002 16:26:29 -0400
            >
            >in only what, 2 months?
            >what is everyone going to be?
            >im going to try and make a papier mache Thoth mask.
            >becky is going to try and be an elf.
            >what about everyone else?

            Sell a Home with Ease!
            http://us.click.yahoo.com/SrPZMC/kTmEAA/MVfIAA/weWolB/TM

            to visit the message board, go to
            http://pub12.ezboard.com/bazpathofthecraftbookgroup

          • Serena .
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 9 9:20 AM
              Thanks for the tips!!!!

              I have to hit the resale shops and find a base dress for my idea. I was
              thinking of a green baby doll dress or nightgown with an empire waist. Then
              I can add material to it. I just wish I would have bought the pair of wings
              I saw at the Renaissance Faire last year. Making wings can be a pain!

              Serena :>)

              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 9 9:31 AM
                RE: [pathofthecraft] samhain coming up!

                OK, wings. Take wire (you can even use light coat hangers) form them into either one figure eight, or two if you want double wings)fasten them where they meet (where you twisted them from)in the center with silver tape (or some other really strong tape) Then find some nice Q-size (or as big as you can get) nylons---better the holiday ones with glitter, etc.....or nice colored ones.  Cut off the top of the panty part (if you got panty hose) then stretch each leg over a "wing" section, gathering then in the area in the center.  Form your wing by stretching the wire into the shape you want.  Just add elastic or wrap ribbon around that center to extend around your arms on both sides to secure the wings to your back.  Voila!!!!   Wings.

                I have to hit the resale shops and find a base dress for my idea. I was
                thinking of a green baby doll dress or nightgown with an empire waist. Then
                I can add material to it. I just wish I would have bought the pair of wings
                I saw at the Renaissance Faire last year. Making wings can be a pain!

                Serena :>)

                >From: "Reddy, Sharon " <sharon.reddy@...>
                >To: "'pathofthecraft@yahoogroups.com'" <pathofthecraft@yahoogroups.com>
                >Subject: RE: [pathofthecraft] samhain coming up!
                >Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 12:01:52 -0400
                >
                >I'm going to be a "Dark Fairie" this year.  I got a dress from a resale
                >shop
                >with a black velvet stretchy top and cut off the bottom.  Went to SAS on
                >Indian School and 14th ( a great cheap fabric store) and bought really
                >inexpensive material and sewed it onto the bottom.  It's a irridescent
                >purple and green.  You could even sew it on without a sewing machine if you
                >didn't have one.  And now they have fabric glue, too.  Total cost was
                >$8.00.
                >"Fairies Rule".

                4 DVDs Free +s&p Join Now
                http://us.click.yahoo.com/pt6YBB/NXiEAA/MVfIAA/weWolB/TM