Hi Everyone!

  • Reddy, Sharon
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 4, 2001
      Cool to be able to e-mail you guys, because, like everyone, I'm
      always spinning from one thing to another.
      When/where/ and what book will we be discussing next? Are we still
      meeting at the Town and Country?

      Samhain is rapidly approaching........I'm planning another jumbo party
      again this year.....no theme though. I'll send everyone an invite when it
      gets closer to the date. (Sat 27) We'll have another ritual bonfire to
      toss into whatever it is you'd like to rid yourself of at midnight (written
      on paper, of course).....Wonderful Tarot reader, as well as dancing,
      spirits (ethereal and otherwise) and general merriment to mark this special
      season.

      I can almost smell the cider brewing on the stovetop.
    • Morganacat@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 4, 2001
        Hi Sharon,
        We've missed you at the group! Well last month we tried out a new
        spot...the Willow House. Seems like they'll be more accommodating. The next
        book is a fiction one called the Moon Under Her Feet by Clysta Kinstler.
        It's a pagan take on the story of Mary Magdalene.
        Can't wait for your party! Sounds wonderful. :) How I love Samhain...

        Becky/Morgaine

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 5, 2001
          Great! It'll be great seeing you again, and the Willow House is really a
          cool place! BTW---Will it be on Monday the 24th? At 7:00? The book sounds
          interesting, and funny enough, I just finished reading a really good book
          "Daughter of the Shining Isles", by Elizabeth Cunningham. It, too, is about
          Magdalene, and she's a Celt, and meets/loves Jesus (and he becomes her lover
          as well) while they both are studying under the Druids on the Isle of Mona
          when they are 14 years old. --Won't tell you the end of the book in case you
          read it......---(There has been a persistent myth that Jesus did travel with
          his Uncle, Joseph of Aramathea (who was a merchant) to the Isles and that's
          why Joseph took the Grail to Avalon (Glastonbury) after Jesus' death. It's
          the first in a trilogy, the next being " The Holy Whore".....don't know if
          it's out yet (this was published in 2000).....but I loved her style of
          writing. (I can just see why Magdelene becomes a whore if Jesus refuses to
          have sex with her after she goes all the way to find him again.......and she
          then finds out he has "found God".....:-) !!!! Maybe I can suggest
          "Daughter" for the list.....Let me know the time/date and I'll see you then!

          PS. How's Raymond?