Re: OK, so I've downloaded Ranish Partition Manager V2.40 what now?

  • muthukumar_g_2002
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2002
      Your resources: readme.txt, readme243.txt (if you want to use 2.43),
      Trombettworks link (RPM homepage) & your own trying out of RPM :-)

      Regards,
      Muthu

      PS:
      Due to the potential problems RPM can cause if not used properly,
      it is better to put the term "For Experienced Users only" :-).
      Everyone may not be interested in losing their data, right?

      --- In partman@y..., "pascalaudran" <alpheusdesigns@l...> wrote:
      > OK, so I've downloaded Ranish Partition Manager V2.40 what now?
      > I do realise that it clearly states 'For advanced users only' but,
      > you got to start somewhere!
      > Problem is, where?
      >
      > I must explaine, what I am trying to achieve, at present part240
      > resides on my laptop, I have a 6.5GIG HDD in my desktop that I want
      > to format (everything has been backedup), I was under the
      impression
      > that Ranish Partition Manager was the same as the old boring DOS
      > version of FDISK, only 100 times better!
      >
      > Question is, how do I use it? I've read all the text files, and
      I've

    • juliosros@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2002
        > Question is, how do I use it? I've read all the text files, and I've
        > joined this group spicifically to read the posts, and ask (stupid)
        > questions.

        Put Partman on a boot floppy, boot it, enter the PART command, explore, make
        new hdd partition configurations, change those to other configurations, see
        how it behaves, but don't 'save' anything. There is an 'undo' key, F3 as I
        recall; see screen bottom.

        > If we want to F*@K UP our harddrives, let us learn the hard way!

        When you're ready to fry it, press F2. Actually, you can undo that, too,
        provided you have not formatted. Formatting is full commitment.

        After dabbling with it, the texts will mean more to you.