partman & problems with last cylinder

  • Craig Sampson
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2000
      I cant seem to contact the author via the web page form, so I thought
      I'd see what folks have to say here.

      I create most partitions using linux fdisk and this has been working
      fine for a long time.

      What I've noticed recently is that if you create a partition with
      anything -but- partman and the partition encompasses the last
      cylinder
      of a disk then partman will report partition boundary errors.

      This seems to be a fairly simple problem to resolve as the reason for
      it is that partman does not consider the last cylinder to be valid
      for
      some reason (perhaps using a < instead of a <=??).

      eg, 1023 cylinders on the disk 1-1023, partman says there are 1022
      but
      thats okay because it counts them 0-1022.
      Problem is that the 1022'nd cylinder is not used by partman, its
      ignored, and if say linux fdisk uses it well partman thinks this is a
      boundary error.

      Hopefully its an easy fix.

      Cheerio folks,
      Craig