RE: [partman] exFat support

  • Antoine Leca
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 27, 2010
      edsin333 Sent on Saturday, December 25th:

      > Does anyone know if Muthu/Ranish has any plans for supporting exfat?

      I cannot answer for them, but it does not appear very easy to do:
      there are several things which are specific to exFAT (like bitmaps),
      there is a limit at 64KB for the resulting binary which is likely to
      be a problem, AFAIK the used compiler (BC++ 4) does not natively
      support 64-bit arithmetic so it also has to be changed meanwhile...
      and finally I believe NTFS support would be a more worthwhile addition!

      > Also, if partition is ext4, showing it as ext2 in RPM is OK?

      I believe so: they all share the same 0x83 indicator in the MBR.

      Antoine