commands available thru Ranish

  • swamee1
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 12, 2008
      I have the latest copy of the Ranish partition Manager and I want to
      use it to do a regular back-up/copy of the current partition in the
      desktop and copy it to a secondary plug-in IDE drive.

      I am using win2k+SP4 and NTFS.

      I used to use the scripting language available with Partition Magic
      Pro v7.0 but it sometimes fails to do the job without explanation.

      I am thinking of writing a DOS batch program to do the job, using RPM
      commands with parameters. However, I see no trace of a copy command
      and its necessary format.

      Where do I look for a complete list of RPM's command language?

      Thanks,

      You email me at swameejee at netzero.net if you wish. Thanks again.
    • Antoine Leca
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 17, 2008
        swamee1 wrote:
        > I am thinking of writing a DOS batch program to do the job,
        > using RPM commands with parameters. However, I see no trace
        > of a copy command and its necessary format.

        You are correct, it seems the copy and move commands are not available
        from the command line interface, only from the full-screen UI.
        Neither are the commands to modify the parameters inside the FAT
        partitions; or to change the kind of boot interface (compact or
        text-mode).

        From what I am recording, Mikhail changed the command-line interface in
        v.2.44 to mimic the possibilities of other programs (some DOS-inspired
        fdisk, or Ghost's gdisk, or perhaps another one I do not know). However
        he just added a different (more user-friendly) way to do the same basic
        tasks; and the tasks which have been accessible from command line are
        only a subset of RPM 2.4x features.

        > Where do I look for a complete list of RPM's command language?

        Besides README244.TXT, I assume.
        Perhaps this is documented in the archives of the group.
        But I fear there is nothing else.

        Antoine
      • dggerman12
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 17, 2008