RE: [partman] changing from Fat32 to FAT32 LBA

  • ameet.vernekar@wipro.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 6, 2006
      Hi All,
      Thanks for your valuable inputs. I was finally able to partition my
      existing hard drive.
      I had a 15 Gb Hard drive. Having C;(5GB) and D:(10Gb).
      The c: had bad sectors, so I deleted after allocating a partition for
      the RPM. Then I allocated the remaining unused part of the c: for the
      new c: partition. I assigned it as the number 1. However I was unable to
      make it the active partition which I believe is indicated by the '>'
      sign.

      Now when I boot up my system with the start up disk, I get the message
      'booting from HD1 ....." and nothing happens.

      Can anyone point out what I missed.
      thanks again
      Ameet
      PS: special thanks to Antoine Leca

    • Dermot Moynihan
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 6, 2006
        send an RPM print out.
        Part /? tells how (assumes part.exe is the executable)

        On a point of ethiquette - you seem to be making your post part of a
        thread that seems to have little in common with this message. And when I
        looked for a previous thread under your name I got different stuff
        again. If this is a fresh thread it's best to make it so. Otherwise life
        gets a bit confusing for those of us who follow it by the thread.
        And life is confusing enough.