Windows XP

  • Doug Younkin
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2001
      Will Partition Manager handle booting to a Windows XP partition? To install Windows XP, should I hide all but the partition I want to install it to? Thanks.

      Doug Younkin
    • Jibben Nee
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2001
        part works with everything...........
        --- Doug Younkin <dougyounkin@...> wrote:
        > Will Partition Manager handle booting to a Windows
        > XP partition? To install Windows XP, should I hide
        > all but the partition I want to install it to?
        > Thanks.
        >
        > Doug Younkin

        http://phone.yahoo.com
      • Dinh Tran
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2001
          > Will Partition Manager handle booting to a Windows XP partition? To
          install Windows XP, should I hide all but the partition I want to install it
          to? Thanks.

          > Doug Younkin

          Part Man can boot Windows XP.
          I didn't hide other partitions (primary or logical), and Windows XP still
          installs without checking for other OSs already on the hard drive(s)
          Dinh.
        • mallik_ambati
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 2, 2005
            I have two partitions on my HDD with NTFS file system, running Win XP
            SP2.
            Partition 1: 80GB (has win XP)
            Partition 2: 170GB

            I want to resize(increase) part2 by allocation free space from part1.

            Can this be done using Ranish Partition manager, without losing any
            data ? If it is not, then what is best tool to partition Win XP NTFS.

            Thanks in advance
          • JESSE LAROCQUE
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 4, 2005
              The best answer is Acronis Partition Manager, Jesse

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 4, 2005
                Acronis Partition Expert is the correct name. ,Jesse

                http://mail.yahoo.com