Win-98 & Solaris

  • golfsalot99
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2005
      I would like to dual boot Win 98 and Solaris 10. I have a 13gb drive.
      Should I just used the fdisk and create 2 partitions? Or, should I use
      Ranish partition manager and do a little more?
    • Mariusz Zynel
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 2005
        golfsalot99 wrote:
        > I would like to dual boot Win 98 and Solaris 10. I have a 13gb drive.
        > Should I just used the fdisk and create 2 partitions? Or, should I use
        > Ranish partition manager and do a little more?

        Create FAT primary partition for Win98 and primary partition of type
        0xbf (use Insert key) for Solaris. Solaris installer will recognize
        the latter.

        If you're installing Solaris 10 Nevada build 21 or higher Win98
        partition will be added to GRUB boot menu.

        MZ