RE: [partman] win98 setup message

  • Dermot Moynihan
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2004
      At 10:42 30/06/2004, Doc wrote:
      >Because XOSL is not set up to modify Extended
      >Partition Tables, the only way it can hide LOGICAL drives is to hide them
      >all by hiding the EXTENDED entry in the MBRs partition table.

      Hey Doc,

      Thanks for that very interesting information on hiding.. However, I'm not
      sure I've understood you correctly re. the above extract. In my experience,
      XOSL does allow the hiding of individual logical drives. Some of my OSes
      are on logicals and I hide some of them from others when booting.
      best
      Dermot
    • Jojo BERAGO
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 1, 2004
        > Can anyone explain why win98se is seeing a compressed drive or disk cache
        > utility? I thought booting to dos then running rpm, meant that rpm
        > was running from the floppy and writing to the mpt. Does it actually
        > install itself somewhere, and is that what win98se is seeing?

        On your installation method, you MUST boot from a floppy (win98ver)
        and run setup directly from the win98se CD. Did you ever run "sys
        c:"
        to make c drive bootable, or "format c: /s" to make it bootable? If
        you
        did, then check the contents of dirve c... there probably is the
        hidden file
        *.bin which compresses the c drive. You'll need to run "dir/a" to
        see the
        hiddenfile. If this is not the case, you better explain how you do
        your
        installation. goodluck.