Ontrack DDO and disk skewing

  • Greg Ewing
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2001
      There is reference to Ontrack skewing disks in the Ranish help file:

      'If you had used OnTrack DDO or Ez-Drive you should know that they
      skew disk: OnTrack by 63 sectors and Ez-Drive by 1 sector. Therefore
      you have to reflect this change in DOS boot records.'

      Can anyone explain this further - I can get boot managers to work only
      when DDO is not loaded.
      It seems I should be able to make them work together, but it is not
      clear just what to do.

      My system has a 1.2G and a 15GB disk. I am just trying to make each disk
      bootable.
      Even 2 partitions on the 1.2.G do not use the bootmanager until the DDO
      is removed.
      --
      capITalisenz