Re: Digest Number 115

  • Richard Atcheson
    Message 1 of 2 , May 3 2:47 AM
      --- In partman-discussion@y..., JBilderback <jiva@h...> wrote:
      > I believe this is a result of an operating system that wants to be the only one
      > on your system.
      > It was never friendly with OS/2, etc., I gather things haven't changed with
      > Linux, et al.
      I used OS2 for a long time but gave it up when IBM stopped their support for the little guy. Sure was/is a great operating system. Now I'm moving to linux. Gonna be ms Free by the end of the year.
      It's on my main machine and my Compaq laptop now. Just got opera working on the laptop and am still vacillating between LILO and Ranish boot manager. Only thing I dont like about Ranish is the use of partition numbers instead of naming boot os like LILO. With three machines it's a pain to try to remember which partition has what on it.
      I was hoping someone could tell me how the mswin diddles the boot record on startup. OH well.
      RA