partition magic (GERMAN)

  • andy brockley
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2003
      Sorry to trouble you, but I have downloaded Partition Magic Version 6 I think, It seems to be all there and working, only it's all in German.

      Even the words above the Icons are in German, Is there a way or an option within Partition Magic to change the Language to English or do I have to download the whole program again?

      Please help.

      Thanks
      Sparq
    • Alan
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2003
        > Sorry to trouble you, but I have downloaded Partition
        Magic Version 6 I think, It seems to be all there and
        working, only it's all in German.

        > Even the words above the Icons are in German, Is there a
        way or an option within Partition Magic to change the
        Language to English or do I have to download the whole
        program again?

        > Please help.
        >
        > Thanks
        > Sparq

        Sorry - you seem to have the wrong group.

        This is the Ranish Partition Manager (RPM) discussion group,
        not Partition Magic.

        However, I'm sure there is a Partition Magic discussion
        group at Yahoo or elsewhere that will be able to help you.

        Good luck!

        Alan.
      • edk-partman@filmszken.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 10, 2003
          > Sorry to bother you again, but what is the difference between Ranish
          > partition magic and partition magic ?

          First: Ranish is free, Pqmagic is not. Ranish has a simple text-only
          interface, Pqmagic has a GUI. It is easy to erase everything from your
          disk with Ranish if you do something wrong. Pqmagic is more foolproof.
          New versions of Pqmagic support NTFS, Ranish does not. With Ranish, you
          see exactly what is in your partition table. Pqmagic shows only
          colorful bars. There are cases when Pqmagic finds something wrong on your
          disk and refuses to run. Ranish is not so picky.

          > > What exactly is rpm?

          Short for Ranish Partition Manager.

          > can I alter existig partitions with RANISH?

          I have been able to resize partitions with it, with no data loss.

          Regards,

          Ed