new hard disk of 20GB

  • Andre Van Kerckhoven
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 14, 2001
      Hi,

      I have just install a new hard disk of 20GB.
      The old disk has a DOS (55MB), Windows98 (1950MB) and a Windows NT
      (2000MB) partition. The new disk has DOS DOS (100MB), Windows98 (6GB)
      and a Windows NT (6GB) partition.
      I see that the system use the boot.ini from the DOS partition and no
      more the boot.ini from the NT partition.

      Mr. Ranish explain in his readme.txt :
      Installing NT to partitions above 2G from the beginning of disk.
      .... install special patch for Windows NT into FAT-16's boot sector.
      To do that first select NT's partition and press Enter, then press F6
      to install patch.....

      When I select the NT partition, I recieve the message "This is a
      unsupportrd file system" and I can't press the F6.

      I use version 2.38 Beta 1.9 and the compact boot manager.

      Can anybody help me ?
      Thanks
      Andre