Re: [partman] Windows Me and NT workstation

  • T Philip
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2002
      Hi Pablo,

      On how to use the PM, check out the instruction guide of the PM. Here are some basic steps which one should follow to avoid any problems during Partitioning.
      1.. Make sure that you close all running programs including virus scanner and do a Defragmentation of the Hard Disk
      2.. If you want to Install Windows NT, you can have either FAT32 or NTFS. Decide on which File System you want.
      3.. Take a backup of all those files which are very important to you.
      4.. Make an Emergency Boot Disk to be on the safe side.
      5.. Decide before hand how many partitions you want, in what sizes and of which File System.
      Happy Partitioning and hope you dont have much problem in doing so.

      Philip...