88ExtUtils::ParseXS running under 'use strict'

  • James E Keenan
    May 9 6:30 AM
      Friends,

      I am writing to you at the suggestion of David Golden. Since last
      July, as part of the Corehackers project and at David's request, I
      have been working on refactoring dual-life module ExtUtils::ParseXS
      to bring it into conformance with some version of "Perl best
      practices" and, in particular, to run under 'use strict'. The latter
      goal has been achieved, and David would now like more of the Perl 5
      Porters to start looking at this work.

      Here are key links.

      Main development location: http://github.com/jkeenan/extutils-parsexs

      Tagged version you should evaluate: http://github.com/jkeenan/
      extutils-parsexs/commits/use-strict

      (I'll send you invites to that list so that you can join it if you
      wish.)

      I believe David's plan was to get some feedback on this tag from a
      subset of P5P, then expose it to P5P as a whole and propose it for
      inclusion in an upcoming version of Perl 5.13.

      Thanks in advance for taking the time to review this work.

      Jim Keenan
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic