PA Rocks Network E-Mailer (5-4)

  • PA Rocks
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4 1:11 AM
      ----------------------------------
      ABOUT THIS MAILER
      This emailer/newsletter is send out to the email lists
      of the bands and clubs on the list, and to various
      PA Rocks lists by Jim Lott - PA Rocks. This newsletter
      might be the best source of email info for the band
      or club you signed up for.
      ----------------------------------
      PA ROCKS INFORMATION
      (information of possible interest
      to the PA music scene)
      http://parocks.com

      PA Rocks welcomes - Saturday May 12 - The Revolution Club
      6gig, Dead Leaves, Throttle 5, Pure, Nevermoure.
      18+ Show. Print out this e-mail and bring it to
      the show and get $1 off. This should be a great
      show.

      The Clarks and Mary Prankster at Gullifty's the same
      night (Saturday, May 12) 2 good options that
      Saturday to hear bands that are played on The X.

      Central PA PMC Showcase -
      http://parocks.com/pmcshowcase
      Friday June 15, 2001
      Rocker's
      3rd and Snyder Streets
      Philadelphia

      9PM Bon Fuhrer
      10PM Dead Leaves
      11PM Spinebelt
      12mid Dragon Fire
      1AM The DCB Band

      The Central PA PMC Showcase is looking
      for a name - submit your suggestion here -
      http://pub55.ezboard.com/fparocks86588frm1.showMessage?topicID=189.topic

      Wolfpac in Central PA - This Saturday (May 5) at the Carlisle Car
      Show in Carlisle - and at Vertigofest (always a great show) in
      Reading. I've never seen Wolfpac (former Bloodhound Gang)
      but all evidence that I've seen is that Wolfpac is as wild
      as they come. I guess they'd be considered rap-rock,
      they sing about necrophilia, and Jenna Jameson is on
      their album cover. Pretty much as extreme as it gets.

      The price of MP3.com CD's is going up this Monday
      (May 8). This might be a good time to pick up one
      of them MP3.com CD's before the price goes up, or
      bands stop selling them through MP3.com.

      I heard about this price increase from Velcro Mary -
      one of the best PA bands out there. Check out their MP3.com site.
      It's got at least 37 songs available for free download (VERY cool),
      of which 6 are live recordings from either Gullifty's
      or the Millenium Music Conference. I was at
      both Gullifty's shows that Velcro Mary taped (they
      were both PA Rocks nights, with very good bands -
      Poker Face in 99, Team Shorty and Andrew McCutcheon
      in 00) and they were both great shows.

      Velcro Mary plays Indie Pop/Lo Fi and I will say that I'd like
      to hear a lot more Indie Pop/Lo Fi on the radio, and
      see a lot more Indie Pop/Lo Fi in the clubs around here.
      Some people think that heavy, sequenced rock is the wave of
      the future. They may be right. There are a lot of good bands
      that play in Central PA who could be considered heavy,
      sequenced rock, and I hope they do well, get signed, etc.
      However, I think that indie pop/lo fi (see K Records / Olympia,
      might very well be the wave of the future, and I would very much welcome
      this development.

      -----------------------------
      5TH ANNUAL MILLENIUM MUSIC CONFERENCE
      http://musicconference.net

      A great success!!! A good mention in Hits
      magazine - a national magazine similar to
      Billboard. Here's a link to a scan of
      part of the article. http://parocks.com/hits223.JPG
      Props to Ricky Leigh Mensh and John Lenac.
      ---------------------------------
      JOHN HARRIS
      http://johnharris.com
      Good shows at the Silo
      May 11 - The Clarks, Mary Prankster, Aztek Trip, more
      June 7 - Insane Clown Posse

      ---------------------------------
      SHANNON AND MELANIE
      http://parocks.com/snm
      New 4/27 - New Pix - Martini Bros.,
      No Show Ponies, Darcie Miner, The Cellar Birds,
      Echotown. New Articles - 4/19 - Gullifty's -
      Darcie Miner, The Cellar Birds, Echotown;
      4/21 - Tweeter - Stuk, Next of Kin
      ---------------------------------
      SPOTLIGHT - PAUL AUTRY
      http://parocks.com/spotlight
      NEW CONTRIBUTOR. 4 previous Spotlight
      newsletters online, plus more.

      ---------------------------------
      VENUES # VENUES # VENUES # VENUES
      VENUES # VENUES # VENUES # VENUES
      ---------------------------------
      GULLIFTY'S
      http://parocks.com/gulliftys
      Mondays: Jim & Ron Rhoads
      Tuesdays: Don & Tony Jo
      May 3 - Darcie Miner Band
      May 4 - UPC
      May 5 - Comedy Cabaret
      May 10 - Darcie Miner Band
      May 11 - Crush
      May 12 - The Clarks, Mary Prankster
      May 17 - Darcie Miner Band
      May 18 - Bead, Malvado, Nowhere Quick
      May 19 - Jerry Joseph & The Jackmormons
      May 20 - MDA - PA Musician
      Benefit - Halestorm, Spinebelt, Negative Space
      May 24 - Darcie Miner Band
      May 25 - White Bread
      May 26 - K-Floor, Stone Jug
      ----------------------------------
      SHAKEY'S
      http://shakeysbar.com/shakeys
      May 4 - Green Eggs & Spam
      May 5 - Spinebelt, w/ Special Guests
      May 11 - The Impact Band
      May 12 - DJ Rude
      Fill out the online survey, get a chance
      to win free tickets!!!
      -----------------------------------
      THOROUGHBREDS
      http://shakeysbar.com/thoroughbreds
      May 4 - DJ Dance Party
      May 5 - DJ Dance Party
      May 11 - The Loons
      May 12 - DJ Dance Party
      ----------------------------------
      CHAMPIONS
      http://shakeysbar.com/champions
      May 4 - Psyfon
      May 5 - DJ Dance Party
      May 11 - Full Effect
      May 12 - DJ Dance Party
      ----------------------------------
      FIDDLESTYX - CLUB REVOLUTION
      http://parocks.com/revolution
      Every Thursday - Open Mic Night
      May 4 - Closed for Carlisle Event
      May 5 - Stept On, 969, Breaking Benjamin
      May 11 - Dragon Fire, Grudge (Seven Nations Records), .44 Mag, Bon Fuhrer (PMC
      Playoff winners)
      May 12 - BIG, BIG SHOW!!!
      NATIONAL RECORDING ARTIST 6gig !!!
      Throttle 5, Dead Leaves (formerly Bead), Nevermoure, Pure
      18+ SHOW!!!
      May 18 - Stept On, Thicker Than Water, Breaking Benjamin
      May 19 - Well of Souls (former members of Harpo, Dirty Looks, Blue Skye
      Mourning), Smear Brick
      May 25 - ALL AGES SHOW - Dead Leaves (formerly Bead), Live Alien
      Broadcast, Spinebelt, Anthrophobia
      May 26 - Poptart Monkeys, Spine
      ----------------------------------
      FREE SPIRIT REC CENTER
      http://freespiritreccenter.com
      May 19 - Battle of the Country Bands
      May 27 - Bill Haley's Comets
      June 9 - Mel McDaniel
      June 24 - Doug Stone
      July 1 - Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver
      July 29 - Don Williams
      Aug 19 - John Anderson
      -----------------------------------
      BANDS # BANDS # BANDS # BANDS # BANDS
      BANDS # BANDS # BANDS # BANDS # BANDS
      ------------------------------------
      THE MARTINI BROS.
      http://martinibros.com
      Apr 28 - 8x10 Club - Baltimore, MD
      May 12 - Murph's Other Bar - Harrisburg, PA
      May 19 - Golden Key Hotel - Kutztown, PA
      May 26 - BuzzFest - Lancaster, PA
      New Pix up
      ------------------------------------
      HALESTORM
      http://halestormweb.com
      May 11 - Dauphin County VoTech "Rock Against Violence"
      tour w/ Darcie Miner 7-10pm
      May 12 - Woody's Nightclub - New Oxford, PA 717-624-4300
      May 18 - West Perry High School "Rock Against Violence"
      tour w/ Darcie Miner 7-10pm
      May 20 - MDA Benefit - Gullifty's w/ Spinebelt, Negative Space
      May 26 - Gingerbread Man Hummelstown - Hummelstown, PA
      New Pix up - Patriot News article April 27 - Press page
      ---------------------------------
      JULIE SCHREIBER AND ERIC WIRSING
      http://julieschreiber.com
      May 26 - Mayfair Festival- Allentown, PA
      May 28 - ArtsFest, Downtown Harrisburg - Harrisburg, PA
      June 8 - Tailgaters - York, PA
      June 9 - Shippensplace Hotel - Shippensburg, PA
      2 new great Liz Linder (http://lizlinder.com) photos up
      ---------------------------------
      STONE JUG
      http://stonejug.com
      May 4 - Midtown Tavern - Harrisburg, PA
      May 9 - Gingerbreadman Downtown - Harrisburg, PA
      May 12 - Perry County Inn - New Bloomfield, PA
      May 16 - Gingerbreadman Downtown - Harrisburg, PA
      May 18 - Linda's Country Cafe - Newport, PA
      May 19 - Ye Olde Ale House - Mechanicsburg, PA
      May 23 - Gingerbreadman Downtown - Harrisburg, PA
      May 25 - Embers Lounge at the Clarion Hotel - Carlisle, PA
      May 26 - Gullifty's - Camp Hill, PA w/ K-Floor
      May 30 - Gingerbreadman Downtown - Harrisburg, PA
      ----------------------------------
      D'AREY OCTOBER
      http://parocks.com/dareyoctober

      Choose Your Own Adventure news...
      This is Jared and Steve's new project (ex-D'arey October).
      New website: http://cyoa.50megs.com
      New CD: The 2 new song sampler is available FREE!!!! at Vertigo Music and
      Young Ones (Kutztown)..while supplies last.or e-mail dabassguy@...
      and ask him to send you a copy.
      Next Show : opening band at VERTIGOFEST #4.,Sun.May 6th.
      --------------------------------
      JET SILVER
      http://parocks.com/jetsilver
      Aug 1 - Vans Warped Tour '01, Nissan Pavillion, Bristow, VA (outside
      Washington, DC)
      Aug 3 - Vans Warped Tour '01, Tweeter Center, Philadelphia, PA
      --------------------------------
      DARCIE MINER
      http://darcieminer.com
      Apr 27 - Carnahans, New Cumberland, PA
      Apr 28 - Millersville University Spring Fling - Millersville, PA
      May 3 - Gullifty's, Camp Hill, PA
      May 4 - Tailgaters, York, PA
      May 5 - Johnson & Whales University - Providence, Rhode Island, opening
      for Stroke 9
      May 10 - Gullifty's, Camp Hill, PA
      May 11 - Dauphin County Vo-Tech, Harrisburg, PA 'Rock Against Violence',
      w/ Halestorm