PA Rocks Network E-Mailer

  • PA Rocks
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 3, 2000
      ABOUT THIS MAILER
      This emailer/newsletter is send out to the email lists
      of the bands and clubs on the list, and to various
      PA Rocks lists. This newsletter might be the best
      source of email info for the band or club you signed
      up for.
      ----------------------------------
      PA ROCKS INFORMATION
      http://parocks.com
      Congratulations to Mercy River (from Philadelphia)
      they won a $250,000 recording contract from
      GarageBand.com. Dragon Fire (from Altoona) did well,
      coming in 2nd, and was in 1st up until the last day.
      --------------
      Rock 'N Soccer. Bands wanted to play for the
      Harrisburg Heat Pro Indoor Soccer at the Farm Show
      Arena. Bands play for free, must bring small PA,
      play between periods, light hospitality provided,
      must be family-friendly, cover bands ok, can sell
      merchandise. This is great exposure. Contact John
      Harris 717-221-1124 or mailto:johnharris@...
      if interested.
      -----------------------------------
      5TH ANNUAL MILLENIUM MUSIC CONFERENCE
      http://musicconference.net
      February 15-18 2001 - Harrisburg Hilton & Towers
      Nov 1 - Planning meeting at Hilton Hotel, 8:00
      Showcase applications, registrations being accepted
      Early registration deadline extended to October 30.
      ---------------------------------
      VENUES # VENUES # VENUES # VENUES
      VENUES # VENUES # VENUES # VENUES
      ---------------------------------
      GULLIFTY'S
      http://parocks.com/gulliftys
      Nov 3 - Margret Heater, DCB, 6 Gig
      Nov 4 - Crush
      Nov 8 - Katie did..., Citrus
      Nov 10 - Nowhere Quick CD Release Party,
      Jet Silver, Running From Dharma
      Nov 11 - Hired Guns
      Nov 15 - Function 45, Blacktop
      Nov 17 - Live Alien Broadcast, Tabloid Nation,
      Weapons For Peace
      Nov 18 - Bluesuedegroove, K-Floor
      Nov 21 - Jerry Joseph & The Jackmormons, Hexbelt
      Nov 22 - Martini Bros., Bloom Box
      Nov 25 - The Badlees, Jellybricks
      Nov 29 - Left Undone, Rocket Transfer Warehouse
      Dec 1 - Fat Apple, Stone Jug
      Dec 2 - Artemis Recording Artists Marah,
      Case 150, more
      ----------------------------------
      SHAKEY'S
      http://shakeysbar.com/shakeys
      Nov 3 - Fuzzy Bunny Slippers
      Nov 4 - DJ Dance Party
      Nov 11 - National Recording Artists - Warrant
      Nov 17 - Poptart Monkeys
      Nov 18 - Crush
      Nov 22 - DJ Dance Party
      Nov 24 - Green Eggs & Spam
      Nov 25 - UUU
      -----------------------------------
      THOROUGHBREDS
      http://shakeysbar.com/thoroughbreds
      Nov 3 - Playn Jayn
      Nov 10 - Julian Fist
      ----------------------------------
      FIDDLESTYX
      http://parocks.com/fiddlestyx
      Every Thursday, Friday, Saturday - Diamond Girls
      Every Wednesday - DJ Midnight Jams
      Every Thursday - Karaoke
      Nov 3 - Stept On (Formerly Wrench), Bead, Shifted
      Nov 10 - JIMMIE'S CHICKEN SHACK !!! 18+ !!!
      w/ Throttle 5
      Nov 17 - Clove
      Nov 22 - Prime Cut
      Nov 25 - Throttle 5
      Dec 2 - Halestorm, Darcie Miner
      -----------------------------------
      BANDS # BANDS # BANDS # BANDS # BANDS
      BANDS # BANDS # BANDS # BANDS # BANDS
      ------------------------------------
      THE MARTINI BROS.
      http://martinibros.com
      Oct 28 - Fletcher's - Baltimore, MD w/ Mary Prankster
      Nov 10 - The Cooler - New York, NY
      Nov 16 - 13th Floor - Baltimore, MD
      Nov 22 - Gullifty's Underground - Camp Hill, PA
      (Thanksgiving Eve!) w/ Bloom Box
      Nov 24 - Murph's Other Bar - York, PA
      Nov 25 - Historic Blue Star - Lancaster, PA
      Dec 2 - North Star Bar - Philadelphia, PA w/ K-Floor
      Dec 3 - Toys for Tots Benefit, Harrisburg Hilton
      - Harrisburg, PA
      Dec 22 - Murph's Other Bar - York, PA
      Dec 27 - Chameleon Club - Lancaster, PA
      ------------------------------------
      JULIAN FIST
      http://parocks.com/julianfist
      Nov 4 - Pine Lanes Lounge - Pine Grove, PA
      Nov 10 - Thoroughbreds - Grantville, PA
      Nov 11 - Murph's Other Bar - York, PA (tent)
      Dec 2 - Parkview Hotel - Lancaster, PA
      Dec 7 - Sterling Hotel - Allentown, PA
      Dec 16 - Pine Lanes Lounge - Pine Grove, PA
      Dec 31 - Gullifty's - Camp Hill, PA - NEW YEAR'S
      EVE PARTY
      -----------------------------------
      HALESTORM
      http://halestormweb.com
      Nov 11 - Heat Soccer Game, Farm Show Complex
      - Harrisburg, PA
      Nov 17 - Midtown Tavern - Harrisburg, PA
      Nov 19 - Salvation Army Benefit - D'Alexander's
      - Lebanon, PA w/ Happenstance (1p),
      Monkey's Uncle (2p), Grumpy Old Men (3p),
      Bead (4p), Spellbound (5p), Balistic (6p),
      Whitey Noll and Joe Agoglia (7p),
      Halestorm (7:45p), Spinebelt (9p), Clove (10p)
      Dec 2 - Fiddlestyx - Milton, PA w/ Darcie Miner
      Dec 6 - Gullifty's - Camp Hill, PA
      Dec 9 - Spirit Cafe - Chesapeake, MD
      ---------------------------------
      STONE JUG
      http://stonejug.com
      Nov 14 - Snappers Bar & Grill - Mechanicsburg, PA
      Nov 24 - Kokomos West - Harrisburg, PA
      Nov 25 - Kokomos East - Camp Hill, PA
      Nov 28 - Snappers Bar & Grill - Mechanicsburg, PA
      Dec 1 - Gullifty's - Camp Hill, PA w/ Fat Apple
      Dec 12 - Snappers Bar & Grill - Mechanicsburg, PA
      Dec 22 - Midtown Tavern - Harrisburg, PA
      Dec 23 - Gingerbread Man Mechanicsburg -
      Mechanicsburg, PA
      Dec 26 - Snappers Bar & Grill - Mechanicsburg, PA
      ----------------------------------
      D'AREY OCTOBER
      http://parocks.com/dareyoctober
      Nov 5 - Cafe Tattoo - Baltimore, MD
      ---------------------------------
      JET SILVER
      http://parocks.com/jetsilver
      Nov 10 - Gullifty's - Camp Hill, PA - w/ Nowhere Quick,
      Running From Dharma
      --------------------------------
      DARCIE MINER
      http://darcieminer.com
      Nov 4 - Rusty Nail - Harrisburg, PA
      Nov 10 - Midtown Tavern - Harrisburg, PA
      Nov 17 - Guido McNeal's - Middlestown, PA
      Nov 18 - Main Street Grille - Emittsburg, MD
      Nov 24 - Heister's Lanes - Reading, PA
      Nov 25 - PA Farm Show Arena, Hbg. Heat Soccer Game
      - Harrisburg, PA
      Dec 1 - Tailgater's - York, PA
      Dec 2 - Fiddlestyx - Milton, PA w/ Halestorm
      Dec 3 - Toys for Tots Benefit, Harrisburg Hilton,
      Harrisburg, PA w/ Halestorm, Martini Bros,
      Big Tubba Mista, Emily's Toybox, UUU,
      Poptart Monkeys, Partial Post, Locke, more
      Dec 15 - Whitaker Center - w/ Jeffrey Gaines
      -----------------------------------
      FUNCTION 45
      http://parocks.com/fu45
      Nov 15 - Gullifty's - Camp Hill, PA w/ Blacktop
      ----------------------------------
      ----------------------------------
      ABOUT THE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION
      ----------------------------------
      ----------------------------------
      A week from today, when you get the next weekly
      e-mailer, there will be a new president-elect.
      I figure this might be a good time for a political
      rant. I'm on a lot of email lists for bands in PA,
      and it's always interesting to see who people are
      in favor of for President. The first thing I'll
      note is that there hasn't been a large amount of
      political talk out there from the bands. It seems
      that Nader has a fair amount of support (at least
      2, that I've noticed) Gore has a small amount (less
      than Nader), and I happen to know that one band is
      (or at least was) actively supporting Buchanan.
      Here's my thinking on all this - my political beliefs
      are pretty much libertarian/constitutional/conservative.
      I'm closest philosophically to Browne, Phillips,
      Buchanan. My thinking is that the spirit of rock
      music is freedom, and it's my opinion that those
      3 guys are better on the freedom issue than Bush,
      Gore, Nader. However, none of those 3 guys are going
      to win, realistically. Neither is Nader. So, who's
      going to be better for freedom, overall - Bush or
      Gore? I'm thinking Bush, but not by much. So, if
      all you're thinking about is who would be better
      for the next 4 years, freedom-wise, vote for Bush
      instead of Gore. Bush would be slightly better.
      If you want to vote for the best freedom candidate
      over-all, go with Browne, Phillips, Buchanan.
      Nader is strong and right, I think, in his
      opposition to the globalist WTO (as are B, P, B)
      and other globalist institutions, but is too
      pro-government and anti-freedom in other respects.
      There's another dynamic in play as well, which
      works something like this: Let's say you're a
      Republican or a Conservative, and you want the
      country to be more Republican or Conservative
      in the long run. Your current candidate (Bush) is
      unlikely to be properly conservative, just less
      liberal than Gore. So, when you got a shot to get
      your guy in there, do you vote for him, knowing
      that he's not really going to make things better,
      just less worse than the other guy? Or do you wait
      for conditions to be better for a better candidate
      to run and win? My guess is that if Gore wins
      this one, the economy is likely to take a downturn
      over the next 4 years, or something else bad will
      happen in the next 4 years that'll make people
      vote for a conservative candidate hands down.
      When conditions are bad, people really want change
      and the conservative candidate will receive a mandate for
      conservative policies. There's good historical evidence
      that the 2004 election is the pivotal one, due to a 72
      year cycle in American politics. Simply put, here's
      the theory, apparently invented by Libertarian Party
      co-founder David Nolan.
      http://www.liberty-news.f2s.com/cycle.html
      American History can be divided up into 72 year epochs.
      1) 1788 - Washington - Constitution
      2) 1860 - Lincoln - Civil War
      3) 1932 - Roosevelt - New Deal
      4) 2004 - ??? - ??? (either Centralization or Decentralization)
      I'm in favor of Decentralization. Gore is in favor of
      Centralization. If Gore wins, and continues with
      Clinton's Centralization, and we go into the dumper,
      or some other crisis occurs, the opposition candidate
      can easily lay the blame for the current crisis on
      overcentralization, and propose strong decentralization
      solutions that will last for 72 years. If Bush wins,
      and his semi (or fake) decentralization takes place,
      and if problems occur, Decentralization will be blamed,
      and 72 years of further Centralization will take place.
      My best guess is that both Bush and Gore are fully aware
      of all this, and are really both on the same side (pro
      Centralization). I also think that Bush is going to win
      quite handily, and that Gore is being awful on purpose.
      The economy is acceptable, and the incumbent party almost
      always wins in that instance. Clinton's egregiously
      scandal-ridden term in office is also a factor in
      why Bush will win. No endorsement for anyone here.
    • PA Rocks
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 17, 2000
        ABOUT THIS MAILER
        This emailer/newsletter is send out to the email lists
        of the bands and clubs on the list, and to various
        PA Rocks lists. This newsletter might be the best
        source of email info for the band or club you signed
        up for.
        ----------------------------------
        PA ROCKS INFORMATION
        http://parocks.com
        I'll mention just 2 things here.
        1) Millenium Music Conference deadline for
        showcasing is between 3 and 4 weeks away.
        (December 10) This is the earliest deadline
        yet, so make a note of that. It's only $20
        to apply (great deal). Showcasing bands
        can register to attend the conference
        for only $55. The conference is a great way
        to learn about the music biz, and to meet
        and network with industry people.
        2) Apparently D'arey October broke up.
        Bummer. JH emailed me about this yesterday
        (Thursday), and I verified it with Jared
        through IM. I'm refusing to believe it -
        all better. The last show(?) is to
        be at Hiester's on December 2.
        --------------------------------
        5TH ANNUAL MILLENIUM MUSIC CONFERENCE
        http://musicconference.net
        February 15-18 2001 - Harrisburg Hilton & Towers
        We'd like to welcome back WQXA 105.7 THE X as exclusive
        radio sponsor. They will help promote and broadcast
        live from the event. We also welcome DISCMAKERS
        and EBAY back for the 2001 event. SHOWCASE
        SUBMISSIONS must be postmarked by December 10, 2001.
        CONFERENCE REGISTRATION is currently at $75.00.
        ---------------------------------
        VENUES # VENUES # VENUES # VENUES
        VENUES # VENUES # VENUES # VENUES
        ---------------------------------
        GULLIFTY'S
        http://parocks.com/gulliftys
        Nov 17 - Live Alien Broadcast, Tabloid Nation,
        Weapons For Peace
        Nov 18 - Bluesuedegroove, K-Floor
        Nov 21 - Jerry Joseph & The Jackmormons, Hexbelt
        Nov 22 - Martini Bros., Bloom Box
        Nov 25 - The Badlees, Jellybricks
        Nov 29 - Left Undone, Rocket Transfer Warehouse
        Nov 30 - The Clarks, Fighting Gravity
        Dec 1 - Fat Apple, Stone Jug
        Dec 2 - private party
        Dec 8 - Clove
        Dec 9 - Curbstone & The Rock Hard Horns
        Dec 15 - Bubba
        Dec 16 - Hexbelt, Devolver
        Dec 20 - Mary Prankster
        Dec 22 - Negative Space, Nevermoure
        Dec 23 - Steve Whiteman & Funny Money, Spellbound
        Dec 30 - Hired Guns
        Dec 31 - Julian Fist
        ----------------------------------
        SHAKEY'S
        http://shakeysbar.com/shakeys
        Nov 17 - Poptart Monkeys
        Nov 18 - Crush
        Nov 22 - DJ Dance Party
        Nov 24 - Green Eggs & Spam
        Nov 25 - UUU
        Dec 1 - The Badlees, Mercy River
        Dec 16 - Halestorm
        -----------------------------------
        THOROUGHBREDS
        http://shakeysbar.com/thoroughbreds
        Nov 10 - Julian Fist
        Nov 11 - DJ Dance Party
        Nov 17 - Swayed
        Nov 18 - DJ Dance Party
        Nov 24 - Clove
        Nov 25 - DJ Dance Party
        Dec 1 - Playn Jayn
        ----------------------------------
        CHAMPIONS
        http://shakeysbar.com/champions
        Nov 10 - Full Effect
        Nov 11 - DJ Dance Party
        Nov 17 - DJ Dance Party
        Nov 18 - DJ Dance Party
        Nov 24 - Full Effect
        Nov 25 - DJ Dance Party
        ----------------------------------
        FIDDLESTYX
        http://parocks.com/fiddlestyx
        Every Thursday, Friday, Saturday - Diamond Girls
        Every Wednesday - DJ Midnight Jams
        Every Thursday - Karaoke
        Nov 17 - Clove, Ridin' Helen
        Nov 18 - Kiss 'N' Tell
        Nov 22 - Prime Cut
        Nov 24 - Ridin' Helen
        Nov 25 - Throttle 5
        Dec 1 - Female Dancers
        Dec 2 - Halestorm, Darcie Miner
        Dec 9 - Emily's Toybox
        -----------------------------------
        BANDS # BANDS # BANDS # BANDS # BANDS
        BANDS # BANDS # BANDS # BANDS # BANDS
        ------------------------------------
        THE MARTINI BROS.
        http://martinibros.com
        Nov 22 - Gullifty's Underground - Camp Hill, PA
        (Thanksgiving Eve!) w/ Bloom Box
        Nov 24 - Murph's Other Bar - York, PA
        Nov 25 - Historic Blue Star - Lancaster, PA
        Dec 2 - North Star Bar - Philadelphia, PA w/ K-Floor
        Dec 3 - Toys for Tots Benefit, Harrisburg Hilton
        - Harrisburg, PA
        Dec 22 - Murph's Other Bar - York, PA
        Dec 27 - Chameleon Club - Lancaster, PA w/ Mary
        Prankster, Live Alien Broadcast
        Dec 31 - Market Square - Harrisburg, PA
        ------------------------------------
        JULIAN FIST
        http://parocks.com/julianfist
        Dec 7 - Sterling Hotel - Allentown, PA
        Dec 16 - Pine Lanes Lounge - Pine Grove, PA
        Dec 31 - Gullifty's - Camp Hill, PA - NEW YEAR'S
        EVE PARTY
        -----------------------------------
        HALESTORM
        http://halestormweb.com
        Nov 19 - Salvation Army Benefit - D'Alexander's
        - Lebanon, PA w/ Happenstance (1p),
        Monkey's Uncle (2p), Grumpy Old Men (3p),
        Bead (4p), Spellbound (5p), Balistic (6p),
        Whitey Noll and Joe Agoglia (7p),
        Halestorm (7:45p), Spinebelt (9p), Clove (10p)
        Dec 2 - Fiddlestyx - Milton, PA w/ Darcie Miner, D'arey
        October
        Dec 3 - Toys for Tots Benefit, Hilton Hotel -
        Harrisburg, PA
        Dec 9 - Spirit Cafe - Chesapeake, MD
        Dec 16 - Shakey's - Hershey, PA
        ---------------------------------
        STONE JUG
        http://stonejug.com
        Nov 10 - Gingerbreadman Center City - Harrisburg, PA
        Nov 14 - Snappers Bar & Grill - Mechanicsburg, PA
        Nov 17 - Embers Lounge, Clarion Hotel - Carlisle, PA
        Nov 24 - Kokomos West - Harrisburg, PA
        Nov 25 - Kokomos East - Camp Hill, PA
        Nov 28 - Snappers Bar & Grill - Mechanicsburg, PA
        Dec 1 - Gullifty's - Camp Hill, PA w/ Fat Apple
        Dec 12 - Snappers Bar & Grill - Mechanicsburg, PA
        Dec 23 - Gingerbread Man Mechanicsburg -
        Mechanicsburg, PA
        Dec 26 - Snappers Bar & Grill - Mechanicsburg, PA
        ----------------------------------
        D'AREY OCTOBER
        http://parocks.com/dareyoctober
        Dec 1 - Albright College - Reading, PA All Ages
        only open to students
        Dec 2 - Hiesters - Reading, PA All Ages/21+
        w/The Afterglows, Nooner, +more
        LAST SHOW ?!?
        ---------------------------------
        JET SILVER
        http://parocks.com/jetsilver
        Nov 23 - Sharks Reunion - The Village - Lancaster, PA
        --------------------------------
        DARCIE MINER
        http://darcieminer.com
        Nov 17 - Guido McNeal's - Middlestown, PA
        Nov 18 - Main Street Grille - Emittsburg, MD
        Nov 24 - Heister's Lanes - Reading, PA
        Nov 25 - PA Farm Show Arena, Hbg. Heat Soccer Game
        - Harrisburg, PA
        Dec 1 - Tailgater's - York, PA
        Dec 2 - Fiddlestyx - Milton, PA w/ Halestorm
        Dec 3 - Toys for Tots Benefit, Harrisburg Hilton,
        Harrisburg, PA w/ Halestorm, Martini Bros,
        Big Tubba Mista, Emily's Toybox, UUU,
        Poptart Monkeys, Partial Post, Locke, more
        Dec 15 - Whitaker Center - Harrisburg, PA w/ Jeffrey
        Gaines
        Dec 16 - Shakey's - Hershey, PA w/ Halestorm
        Dec 23 - The Gingerbreadman - Harrisburg, PA
        Dec 30 - Appalachian Brewing Co. - Harrisburg, PA
        w/ Voodoo Babies