Legendary Rockers Play Pittsburgh's Club Cafe & Clarion PA 4 WCUC & SAFE

  • fazzmusicltd
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2009
      FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

      January 31, 2009

      Legendary Musicians John Ford of the Strawbs and Ian Lloyd of Stories
      to Perform Benefit Concert Feb. 15 for Clarion U's 91.7 WCUC & SAFE
      Plus Valentine's Day at Club Café in Pittsburgh, PA on Feb. 14, 2009

      Clarion, PA – Rockers, John Ford of the Strawbs, and Ian Lloyd,
      formally of the 70s band, Stories (best known for their world wide #1
      hit, Brother Louie and John Ford penning Strawbs' Top of the Pops
      hit, "Part of the Union" with 52 weeks at #2 on UK charts) will be
      performing a benefit concert on behalf of Clarion University's
      student run radio station, 91.7FM WCUC and the area's only domestic
      violence shelter – SAFE.

      The benefit concert, billed as "Rock A Sunday," will take place at
      Clarion's newest club – The Cell Block of Clarion – 1056 East Main
      Street, Clarion, PA on Sunday, February 15, 2009. Doors open at 3pm
      and the show starts at 4pm. Tickets are $10 – proceeds will help
      support both non-profit organizations.

      Both artists also performing Valentine's Day Saturday, February 14,
      2009 at Club Café, 56-58 12th St., Pittsburgh, PA at 7PM [Early Show -
      Doors open 6 PM] - Tickets $10.

      Ford says, "We're so pleased to be able to help support such valuable
      community assets – college radio and the domestic violence shelter,
      SAFE. These are both worthy causes, and I feel very strongly about
      them."

      Ian Lloyd echoed Ford's sentiments. "I went to a small college in
      upstate New York. I know how important college radio is to rural
      communities, who may not always have access to diverse music and
      public affairs programming." Lloyd adds, "WCUC has been very
      supportive of both John and my music. We want to pay it forward."

      Both musicians enjoy a busy life of performing throughout the New
      York City music scene and John Ford in the UK. Aside from their high
      demand for live performances, each artist also has new albums, which
      have been receiving positive reviews throughout the music industry.
      Ford's latest, Big Hit in India CD, is selling out, and has been
      getting much radio play. Lloyd's new CD, O-De-Po, also well received,
      with new songs like, "Wonderful World," and a dance remix version
      of "Brother Louie."

      WCUC-FM Station Manager, Peg Watts-Cartwright, states, "We are so
      lucky that these well established and very busy performers are taking
      time out of their schedules to help support WCUC. As a student run,
      non-profit radio station – we need the funds." Watts-Cartwright
      adds, "This is going to be a ton of fun – and for two worthy causes.
      WCUC believes in the SAFE program and we're planning other events to
      help them replace federal funding they have lost for the upcoming
      year. Clarion cannot afford to lose SAFE – so, come on out February
      15 and Rock a Sunday! These are two amazing artists, and they are
      helping to raise funds and awareness for two important community
      resources."

      ~more~
      SEE Clarion University page for this Show - "Legendary rockers play
      for WCUC, SAFE" - http://www.clarion.edu/83416/

      For information about the artists:
      John Ford's websites:
      http://www.johnfordmusic.net
      MySpace - http://www.myspace.com/johnfordofthestrawbs
      http://www.johnfordmusic.net/
      Ian Lloyd's websites:
      http://www.machinedreamrecords.com/ianlloyd
      MySpace - http://www.myspace.com/ianlloydstories

      Media Inquiries for Interviews & VIP Media Guest List for
      John Ford of the Strawbs and Ian Lloyd - Stories:
      Whole Shot Records & Mgt. | FAZZ MUSIC LTD. US
      FAZZMUSICLTD@ aol.com

      SAT FEB 14th Valentine's Day Show Club Café -
      http://www.clubcafelive.com

      SUN FEB 15th "Rock A Sunday" Benefit Concert information:
      contact WCUC-FM's main office at 814-393-2330, Cell: 814-227-9453 or
      email them at: s_mdmainhart@ clarion.edu or wcucdj@ yahoo.com

      Matt Mainhart
      WCUC-FM - Clarion University of PA
      840 Wood St.