FW: Youthworkers - FREE SEATS TO NEXT WED SHIPPENSBURG UNIV TRIP

  • Charlene Samuels
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2012

    Hello All,

    Please see attached for your 12 grade students.

    Thank you,

    Charlene Samuels

    Logan Olney EPIC Stakeholder

    Carson Valley Children's Aid

    (215) 456-5670 x402

    Wednesday, December 5, 2012

    (6:30am to 5:30pm)

    https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVIKx_ZLEMJTo8TDqNqY1S84UWs0r69P1JnfoKAtiFdbj6ml8A

    https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5vzmc6OPkNrJGf9DDLNLrISK750FLLqo2JLZo9YqJUT5-BkXV

    https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRAaDO5XrarD_eYr581l0bFKCeFHRqbvXTw-GPjeavjAt5iSnqYp_1PQCVa

    http://www.stvinc.com/portfolio_images/Shippensburg%20University%20Reisner%20Dining%20Hall%202.jpg

    To: Potential Seat Fillers for Our Shippensburg University Day Trip

    From: Rev. Nelson E. Copeland, Jr.

                President, Founder CECAAL ECL College Tours

    Date: November 29, 2012

    Hello,

         In six days (Wed, December 5, 2012) there will be a FREE day trip (lunch included) for CECAAL College Tours sponsored by Shippensburg University .  I just found out yesterday that Shippensburg University is providing a larger bus to us than I first expected.  This means I have 10 extra seats.  While I can leave them empty, it only makes sense to share this fortunate circumstance with our friends, supporters and educators in the greater Philadelphia area and surrounding counties.   Obviously this is very last minute, so if you know of a student who is of high school age and has an interest in Shippensburg University I will need ALL of the items below by this Saturday, December 1st as I will fill the remaining seats on Sunday based on the applicants I have.  The seats will be filled on a first come first served basis with priority given to high school seniors, then juniors, etc.

        FIRST, PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL IF YOU KNOW YOU HAVE YOUNG PEOPLE WHO MAY BE INTERESTED.

        SECOND, PARENTS (OR YOUTHWORKERS) MAY ALSO ATTEND WITH THEIR STUDENT(S).

    DAY OF TRIP INSTRUCTIONS:

    [1] Students and parent will meet up with me inside of Amtrak 30th Street Station in the foyer in front of the Dunkin Donuts between 6:30am-6:45am (I'm thin, wear glasses and will have a CECAAL business shirt or CECAAL jacket on).  Feel free to buy your breakfast in the station, but before 6:45am or we will make a quick 10-15 minute food and bathroom break on the Turnpike an hour later.

    [2] At 6:50am I will escort the group to the bus for a 7:00am departure.  Please be on time.

    [3] Can't find me call me at 267-255-3428.

    LATECOMERS will have 10 minutes grace period to 7:10am.  At 7:11am you will be left.

    PERMISSION FORM

    Bring the permission form with you.  YES, even if the parent attends there must be a permission form.  Due diligence requires this.  The generic form is attached or you can get it from this link: http://www.cecaal.org/pdf/GENERIC%20Permission,%20Health%20and%20ID%20Forms%202012-2013.pdf

    (I only need the permission slip and the health form, not the ID tag form)

    EXCUSED ABSENCE LETTER:

    If the student requires an excused absence letter it can be found at this link: http://www.cecaal.org/pdf/GENERIC%20Student%20Excused%20Absence%20Letter.pdf

    BUS COMPANY:

    The bus company Shippensburg University is providing for our transport will be Krapf Coaches at: www.krapfbus.com.

    COST IS FREE (TO MOST):

    The trip is FREE as we have grants and sponsors who are covering the per person cost.

    RANDOM PHOTOS WILL BE TAKEN:

    Don't worry I take a lot of random photos on our trips.  You will get a link to all the pictures sent to your email within 3 days of the trip and you will have access to view, copy and use them as well as the CECAAL program also.   Nothing embarrassing will be posted and generally any photo I take the individual will get to see it when I take it.

    EXPECTED SCHEDULE:

    6:30-6:45am – Parents and Students Arrive Amtrak 30th Street Station at 6:30am.

                                 (Meet in foyer near Dunkin Donuts)

    6:50am – Group Escorted to where bus is parked.

    7:00am – Bus departs  (Total trip 147 miles -- 2 hours, 42 minutes)

    [LATECOMERS: Have 10 minutes grace period to 7:10am.  At 7:11am you will be left]

                       (15 minute stretch and breakfast stop on PA Turnpike)

    10:00-10:15am – Arrive Shippensburg University

                **Information Session

                **Campus Tour

                **Complementary Lunch

                **Final Q&A With Admission Officials

    2:15-2:30pm – Departure

    5:15-5:45pm – Return to 30th Street station.

    QUESTIONS:

    If you have any questions feel free to call or email me at: 1-267-255-3428 or via email: cecaalcollegetour@....

    Sincerely,

    Rev. Nelson E. Copeland, Jr.