FW: [BULK] Please join me for the Community Legal Services Justice For All 5K on October 9, 2011

  • Scott, James
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30, 2011

      Dear Friends,

      As you may know, I have been involved over the last few months planning a charity run/walk, the Justice For All 5K, I’d like to invite you to mark your calendars to run or walk on October 9, 2011, to support a cause that is local, high-impact, and meaningful to me.

      The second annual Justice For All 5K will be held on October 9, 2011 at Memorial Hall in Fairmount Park (across from the Please Touch Museum), and supports the mission of Community Legal Services to provide low-income Philadelphians with the basic right to an attorney in civil legal matters.  As the city's largest provider of free legal services, CLS assists more than 17,000 of Philadelphia’s poorest residents with their legal problems each year.  From protecting an employee's rights, to saving a home from foreclosure, to helping a family secure food stamps, CLS works diligently to protect the rights of Philadelphia's most needy.

      Whether you're an experienced runner or a first-timer, this is going to be a great race.  Our course is scenic, flat, fast, and USATF-certified.  The race includes divisions for:

      • individuals running or walking,
      • corporate team competition,
      • open team competition, and
      • law student team competition.

      All participants receive a T-shirt while supplies last, and there are prizes for the top three individuals in each category.  There is also an option to upgrade to a technical T-shirt during registration!

      To register, visit: https://www.lin-mark.com/RaceDetails.aspx?guid=cd4850d0-7fbd-4ee0-a25f-2061ad3d97cb

      For more information, visit:  www.clsphila.org/JusticeForAll5K

      Please consider signing up or forwarding this e-mail to any friends in the Philadelphia area (especially law school students) who you think may be interested.  If you are not able to run or walk on October 9th, you can also make a contribution at the registration website.

      We really appreciate your help!

      Best,

      Kay