Fwd: Friday 01 July 2011 News From The Coalition, Inc.

  • Gary R. Adams
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2011

      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: News From The Coalition Inc <thecoalitionnews@...>
      Date: Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 12:41 PM
      Subject: Friday 01 July 2011 News From The Coalition, Inc.
      To: coalition-the <coalition-the@...>

      Greetings Friends and Members of The Coalition, Inc.,

      Happy Independence Day! Be safe!

      Our free Community Improvement Workshops are back with a bang!
      Last evening Early Jackson presented Brand University to a roomful of
      enrapt attendees. Mr. Jackson’s insight, analysis and solutions were
      both eye-opening and empowering. Those in attendance learned to employ
      new strategies toward self-improvement and self-image. He has promised
      to return at a future with more techniques to help us to another
      level.

      We try not to turn anyone away, but space is limited, RSVP for the
      next workshop now! Call Michael Rice at 215.683.4027, 267.303.0653 or
      Gary R. Adams at 215.387.2734 to register or email
      The.PA.Coalition@....

      NEW! The next scheduled workshops are: ‘Building Your Inner Game –
      Urban Networking 102’ which will take place on Tuesday, July 12th 6 –
      8:30 pm and ‘Leading From The Margin – Changing My Behavior’ Thursday
      July 14th 6 – 8:30 pm. All workshops take place at the Philadelphia
      School District Bldg 440 N. Broad St., unless otherwise noted.
      RSVP now to ensure your spot. We look forward to seeing you there.

      Ever hear of geophagy? Well, it’s the eating of dirt, and it can be
      beneficial! Who’d-a-thunk-it? Check out the article in ‘Health
      Matters’.

      Education cuts and prison profits are two sides of the same coin see :
      Private Prison Companies: Astronomical Profits  in our Google group.
      Stop the business of youth trafficking.

      Five years ago we convened an organizational summit to gather input
      from local groups with the intention of creating an entity that could
      serve to promote “Communication, Cooperation and Collaboration” among
      those striving tirelessly to create a better environment and greater
      opportunities to the disadvantaged, particularly our youth. The result
      was the forming of The Coalition, Inc. network.

      Now we are taking the next logical step in announcing the First
      National Organizational Policy Summit We are inviting Coalition
      members and organizational representatives from all over the country
      to participate in the setting of policies that will enable us to bring
      the combined force of our network to bear on those problems and
      individuals who are purposely or unwittingly inhibiting the progress
      of our efforts. As you know by now, the general population of the
      United states of America is in crisis. We are at a point comparable to
      the conditions leading up to the Boston Tea Party. And to those
      already suffering from the effects of chronic cuts to the education
      budget, that was the incident that began the American Revolution.

      The government is tightening its belt, and WE are the first 4 notches!
      Both political parties are bailing out and protecting the rich from
      increased taxes and financial reciprocation. Be keenly aware that the
      economically malnourished are again being called upon to bear the
      disproportionate bulk of the load—i.e., cutting social services that
      more and more of us are going to need in order to span this crisis;
      increasing real estate taxes while we are fending off foreclosures;
      threatening social security. Isn’t that our money? And the
      aforementioned education cuts that all levels of government seem to be
      so fond of. Let’s have a show of hands… How many of you agreed to
      this? Since I don’t see any hands, I can assume that there are no rich
      people or regressive politicians on this list. Many of us have
      launched protests against these—and I’m putting it mildly—unfair
      measures to right an economy we are not responsible for screwing up in
      the first place.

      Thus far, the powers-that-be have been able to largely ignore our
      complaints. Why? Because our demonstrations have not been big enough,
      loud enough or strong enough! It’s time we realized that we all want
      the same thing, a decent quality of life for ourselves and our
      families. We want to be able to earn a dollar and have that dollar buy
      a dollar’s worth of goods. We want quality education for our children
      so that they can compete in the now global job market. We want
      representation that realizes that not all jobs come with comprehensive
      health care, liberal retirement benefits and all the perks of
      political office. We want the planet to last at least another hundred
      years. We want decent food that won’t make us glow in the dark. We
      want politicians who are incapable of running their own homes to stay
      out of ours! How do we obtain these things?

      We must put our voices together. We must set limits of tolerance that
      determine that we will rise up as one. We must understand and agree!
      We must come together and set policy that will allow us to be united
      against common threats. We must be represented at the

      First National Organizational Policy Summit
      Saturday September 10th 2011
      10am to 1pm
      The School District Bldg. Main Auditorium
      440 No. Broad St.
      Philadelphia, PA

       Your voice must be heard, and the time is now! Come prepared with
      your knowledge and experience to make this the most intense brainstorm
      possible.
      If you are like-minded, see you in September.

      Call or write to register your organization by July 31st.
      John Elliott Churchville, Ph.D., J.D. Project Director
      Tel: 215.848.8511 jchurchville8@... or
      Gary R. Adams, President
      Tel: 215.387.2734 The.PaCoalition@...

      The Eighth Annual Weekend Of Peace will be held on July 29th through
      31st 2011 at Eastwick, Kingsessing, Simons, 12th & Cambria,
      Connestoga, Cobbs Creek, McVeigh and Christy Recreation Ctrs.
      Lancaster, 60th Street and Chester Avenue Business Associations,
      Althea Gibson Tennis and Education Center and the Episcopal Church of
      the Advocate. Additional locations (TBA).

      This is an invitation for your organization/institution/business to
      participate in this ambitious project. We invite you to contribute in
      whatever way you can, we also invite you to take advantage of our
      broad platform and set up an exhibit outlining your services to the
      community at one of our many event locations. Contributors and
      Coalition members: free; Non-contributing businesses: (fee to be
      determined). We reserve the right to determine which services are
      healthy to the community.

      This year we are asking that on Saturday, July 30th 12 noon, every
      organization, block and concerned business participate by releasing
      symbolic Balloons of Peace and offering prayer in memory of those lost
      to the epidemic of violence in our communities.

      Coalition members are particularly urged to be involved as The
      Coalition, Inc. came into being as a direct result of community
      leaders “Communicating, Cooperating and Collaborating” to provide safe
      activities and a sense of purpose to our youth. This is not a one
      weekend a year event. Programs are launched in recognition of
      community needs, and existing programs are brought to the attention of
      those people whom they are designed to serve. For more information on
      the Weekend Of Peace and how your organization/location can
      participate, contact Abdul Malik Raheem 215.410.2859 email:
      peacemalik@...; or Calvin Johnson 215.738.5181

      To join The Coalition, obtain a Pledge of Commitment by sending
      request via email The.Pa.Coalition@... or calling 215.387.2734
      to request one via traditional mail.

      The economy will get worse before it gets better, so The Coalition is
      looking to collaborate with all local food banks, organizations and
      volunteers to ensure we have the means to identify and distribute
      necessities to needy families as the numbers increase. Please contact
      us The.Pa.Coalition@... or 215.387.2734

      FEMA positions up to six figures available in our online Coalition
      Group ongoing updates will be posted as they become available.

      "Fellow-citizens, pardon me, allow me to ask, why am I called upon to
      speak here today? What have I, or those I represent, to do with your
      national independence? Are the great principles of political freedom
      and of natural justice, embodied in that Declaration of Independence
      extended to us? And I, therefore called upon to bring our humble
      offering to the national altar, and to confess the benefits and
      express devout gratitude for the blessings resulting from your
      independence to us?

      … "What, to the American slave, is your 4th of July? I answer; a day
      that reveals to him, more than all other days in the year, the gross
      injustice and cruelty to which he is the constant victim… Frederick
      Douglass July 4th 1852
      Full text available at http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/aia/part4/4h2927t.html

      Look for our new website opening soon! www.TheCoalitionInc.org
      Coalition members are invited to send us a brief description of your
      services for our Community Resources page along with your web link if
      applicable.

      You may be receiving this E-newsletter because you were referred to us by a
      friend. Please confirm your continued interest in receiving this email from
      us, or if this E-news is being forwarded to you, and you wish to be placed
      on our mailing list please contact us at: TheCoalitionNews@...

      --
      Staff
      News From The Coalition, Inc.

      *Please share electronically. Help sustain our environment - only print this
      e-mail if truly necessary.*

      --
      Thank you,
      Gary R. Adams

      “For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don’t believe, no proof is possible.” Stuart Chase

    • Bob Shipman
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2, 2011
        You are welcome! Always!

[...]

        Bob Shipman , bbs

        "There has to be a special place to rest for giver's,"  bbs 1/25/2011

        Shipmanfs fund    twitter@rmship    Facebook BabaBob

        Youtube rmship        Baba Bob selects and  tells the stories

        We are all puppets. I'm just the puppet who can see the strings. Baba Bob Shipman,2/2011