One of the biggest challenges for educators True or False

  • Bob Shipman
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 2, 2008
      we want to here from you! click on reply, and answer!

      Understanding Learning Styles

      One of the biggest challenges for educators is how to engage students
      during class and communicate concepts effectively, and of course,
      achieve this task in a limited time frame.

      TRUE OR FALSE

      we want to here from you! click on reply, and answer
    • Markida Ross
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 3, 2008
        --- In parentpartner@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Shipman" <rmship@...>
        wrote:

        > we want to here from you! click on reply, and answer!
        >
        > Understanding Learning Styles
        >

        > One of the biggest challenges for educators is how to engage
        students
        > during class and communicate concepts effectively, and of course,
        > achieve this task in a limited time frame.
        >
        > TRUE OR FALSE
        >
        > we want to here from you! click on reply, and answer

        I think the first thing is to remember that we were once younger than
        what we are now and the basic thing to do is to meet the children
        where they are. having fun with education is very important it keeps
        the children from going to sleep and it keeps them interested, as a
        youth leader I recognized that most of them complain about the way
        the teacher will pass out worksheets and expect them to do them
        without explaining the concept or write something on the board and go
        back to thier desk. There are all kinds of ways to get the children
        to participate, If they see that the teachers are enthusiastic in
        what they are teaching, that they are very concerned for the students
        to obtain the knowledge,studying will become fun for them and they
        will look forward to getting up to come to school. I am not saying
        there are not any students that are learning, but what I am saying is
        that we would have alot more students in class instead of the
        hallways. School is just not a place for them to learn a curriculum
        but also they learn social skills, learning to communicate with
        teachers, students, school personnal and in turn school officials
        learn how to communicate with students and get to know those who
        attend their schools. The greatest challenge is COMMNUNICATION!

        Minister Markida Ross
        New Beginnings of Victory Ministries
        Alternative E-mail- ministerross@...
      • Bob Shipman
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 4, 2008
          --- In parentpartner@yahoogroups.com, "Markida Ross" <marki_ross2@...>
          wrote:

          > --- In parentpartner@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Shipman" <rmship@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > we want to here from you! click on reply, and answer!
          > >
          > > Understanding Learning Styles
          > >

          > > One of the biggest challenges for educators is how to engage
          > students
          > > during class and communicate concepts effectively, and of course,
          > > achieve this task in a limited time frame.
          > >
          > > TRUE OR FALSE
          > >
          > > we want to here from you! click on reply, and answer
          > >
          > I think the first thing is to remember that we were once younger than
          > what we are now and the basic thing to do is to meet the children
          > where they are. having fun with education is very important it keeps
          > the children from going to sleep and it keeps them interested, as a
          > youth leader I recognized that most of them complain about the way
          > the teacher will pass out worksheets and expect them to do them
          > without explaining the concept or write something on the board and go
          > back to thier desk. There are all kinds of ways to get the children
          > to participate, If they see that the teachers are enthusiastic in
          > what they are teaching, that they are very concerned for the students
          > to obtain the knowledge,studying will become fun for them and they
          > will look forward to getting up to come to school. I am not saying
          > there are not any students that are learning, but what I am saying is
          > that we would have alot more students in class instead of the
          > hallways. School is just not a place for them to learn a curriculum
          > but also they learn social skills, learning to communicate with
          > teachers, students, school personnal and in turn school officials
          > learn how to communicate with students and get to know those who
          > attend their schools. The greatest challenge is COMMNUNICATION!
          >
          > Minister Markida Ross
          > New Beginnings of Victory Ministries
          > Alternative E-mail- ministerross@...

          WOW, Communication..what if I was a teacher (broad sense) and I was
          not happy with the class size or I am not to familiar with this
          topic...or unable to gain control of the class...or i have bilingual
          students?
        • Markida Ross
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 6, 2008
            wrote:

            > --- In parentpartner@yahoogroups.com, "Markida Ross" <marki_ross2@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > --- In parentpartner@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Shipman" <rmship@>
            > > wrote:
            > > >
            > > > we want to here from you! click on reply, and answer!
            > > >
            > > > Understanding Learning Styles
            > > >

            > > > One of the biggest challenges for educators is how to engage
            > > students
            > > > during class and communicate concepts effectively, and of
            course,
            > > > achieve this task in a limited time frame.
            > > >
            > > > TRUE OR FALSE
            > > >
            > > > we want to here from you! click on reply, and answer
            > > >
            > > I think the first thing is to remember that we were once younger
            than
            > > what we are now and the basic thing to do is to meet the children
            > > where they are. having fun with education is very important it
            keeps
            > > the children from going to sleep and it keeps them interested, as
            > > youth leader I recognized that most of them complain about the
            way
            > > the teacher will pass out worksheets and expect them to do them
            > > without explaining the concept or write something on the board
            and go
            > > back to thier desk. There are all kinds of ways to get the
            children
            > > to participate, If they see that the teachers are enthusiastic in
            > > what they are teaching, that they are very concerned for the
            students
            > > to obtain the knowledge,studying will become fun for them and
            they
            > > will look forward to getting up to come to school. I am not
            saying
            > > there are not any students that are learning, but what I am
            saying is
            > > that we would have alot more students in class instead of the
            > > hallways. School is just not a place for them to learn a
            curriculum
            > > but also they learn social skills, learning to communicate with
            > > teachers, students, school personnal and in turn school officials
            > > learn how to communicate with students and get to know those who
            > > attend their schools. The greatest challenge is COMMNUNICATION!
            > >
            > > Minister Markida Ross
            > > New Beginnings of Victory Ministries
            > > Alternative E-mail- ministerross@
            > >
            > WOW, Communication..what if I was a teacher (broad sense) and I was
            > not happy with the class size or I am not to familiar with this
            > topic...or unable to gain control of the class...or i have bilingual
            > students?

            OK, now that would be another topic about class size and not being
            familiar with the curriculam, that would have to be addressed with
            the principal and being in a bilingual setting would also have to do
            with the position applied for however, I will address the issue of
            controlling the class. The first day in the class with students will
            determine the outcome for the rest of the year, When teachers have
            the skills and are lacking self-confidence along with fear those
            children feel that and of course are going to see how far they can
            go, if the teacher doesn't clearly express what it is they are
            expecting from the youth and what behavior will not tolerated with
            care and enforce that from the very beginning then they can expect to
            have a class that is out of control and unorganized. Children have a
            great sense of who really care and who really do not just like
            adults. We live in a time where there is alot of acceptance of things
            that were not accepted before, schools have become more than just a
            learning facility, our youth are more confused now than ever
            homesexualty and lesbianisim have plaqued the environment, kids are
            in the hallways more than in class because it is social ground rather
            than a learning institution and kicking it with the friends is more
            appealing than what the teacher is teaching. It is a great challenge
            for everyone, the parents, the teachers, principals,community
            leaders, spiritual leaders and world leaders, are not these youth the
            leaders of tommorow? sure we have some youths that are troubled and
            need extra attention which will require PATIENCE isn't that one of
            the virtues? We have alot of work to do we need restoration and need
            to learn to care for them without looking at dollars signs, keep this
            coming because I like discussions like these because I have a GOD
            given burden for the youth and not all are bad they are just
            misguided and react in rebellion. I believe before one takes on the
            task to become a teacher must have a love for youth not just having a
            degree to teach is going cut it, they must have the sense of
            realizing that they become a surrogate parent for those six hours,
            and that they are to responsible for the growth and well-being of our
            youth as well.

            Minister Markida Ross