Re: does anyone have any suggestions?

  • harmonmandy
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 14, 2002
      We were lucky our insurance covered the surgery however the extras
      gave us a fit. We found the EASTER SEALS to be the most helpful.
      They said they would help with medical bills, and even travel bills
      for medical treatment with a drs note saying it was needed. We
      contacted our state easter seals office to get this done. I was also
      refered to the united way- they did not help much though. I also had
      a social worker from the hospital try to help us with unpaid
      expenses. If you ever need to fly for a surgery angel flight works
      weel- we did not contact them soon enough to be able to use them but
      I have heard great things. What hospital was the surgery at? If it
      was a teaching hospital like boston they typically do better at
      lowering the bills. Hope this helps mandy