daughter carissa surgery

  • littleone6567
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 29, 2002
      my daughter is going to have surgery sept 3rd. want to know what i
      have instore for me i am really scared .i dont know what i need to
      bring ..Dr. Scott is doing the surgery. please let me know.i would
      apprecaite it very much... thank you. Doreen
    • djkrn2000
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 6, 2002
        --- In parentingchildrenwithmoyamoya@y..., littleone6567
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > my daughter is going to have surgery sept 3rd. want to know what i
        > have instore for me i am really scared .i dont know what i need to
        > bring ..Dr. Scott is doing the surgery. please let me know.i would
        > apprecaite it very much... thank you. Doreen

        Doreen..

        My name is Debbie and my sone Geoff underwent surgery in February on
        both sides.(actually Feb. 2001) I feel for you and know what you are
        going through. It will be a trying time, but it is the best thing you
        can do for your child. WE wanted to go to Boston, but Dr. Scott was
        unavailable at the time our son had his problems and we went to
        Indianapolis on the reccommendation of the staff of Dr. Scott's
        office. Dr. Jodi Smith was the surgeon and I couldn't be
        happier.Geoff is doing great and has grown a bunch of new vessels. He
        has recovered very well. It was much different than I thought it would
        be. I would love to chat.Feel free to email me at
        djkmomo3@....

        Debbie.
      • mikeiz12
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 13, 2002
          <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > my daughter is going to have surgery sept 3rd. want to know what i
          > have instore for me i am really scared .i dont know what i need to
          > bring ..Dr. Scott is doing the surgery. please let me know.i would
          > apprecaite it very much... thank you. Doreen

          Hi Doreen, My name is Sheila and my son Charlie (18 monthes) had
          surgery on July 15,2002. I asked lots of questions on this website
          prior to Charlie's surgery and got lots of good suggestions. Look
          under mikeiz12. Charlie had a stroke in March and lots of tests
          throughout the spring, then surgery on his left side in July. We
          were amazed by his recovery. He had surgery on a Monday felt better
          by Wednesday and we left on Thursday night. He was in tough shape on
          tuesday. That day was hard, but the care is excellent and I felt
          very confident with Dr. Scott. Our biggest challenge was saying yes
          to pain medication it just was sad to see him so loopy. Charlie only
          needed morphine the first twenty four hours then codine and tylenol.
          Here is something I didn't know-morphine makes somepeople's face
          itch. It did for Charlie and it made for restless sleeping. FYI.
          Stay on top of the doesage and times, sometimes you do have to remind
          the nurses. After they start feeling better our biggest battle was
          boredom. How old is your daughter? What about a book on tape to
          pass the time sometimes TV just isnt very soothing. Oh also keep
          requesting a private room. We were able to have one at least one
          night and was nice, it also cut down on moving from room to room-
          which we did a lot of. I will be saying prayers for your family.
          sheila