Re: [Parenting Children with Moyamoya] surgery on July 15

  • dareinhart@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 15, 2002
      --- mikeiz12 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      > Thanks for the warning about the swelling. It will
      > help me to
      > prepare. How long should I expect before I will
      > know if the surgery
      > was successful...at the six month visit...more for
      > some? Is there a
      > noticable change in your children or is it more the
      > abscence of TIA's
      > or strokes? thanks everyone, I would be so scared
      > without this group.
      > Sheila

      Sheila, just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking
      of you and Charlie and praying for an execellent
      outcome on his surgery.

      My daughter is three years post op and continues to
      improve both academically and physically. I've read
      that the brain continues to rewire until at least the
      age of 14, so I believe she will catch up eventually.

      Let us know how you and Charlie are doing. Denyse

      http://autos.yahoo.com