Surgery for Paige

  • jnokes5
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 19, 2006
      It's been awhile since I have posted a message but it has been crazy
      here.Paige had a check up at St.Jude's this past week and while
      there,we met with a neurosurgeon.He reviewed her scans from
      Vanderbilt adn the MRI that was done during her check up.Her
      condtion has gotten worse and he wants to do surgey soon.The surgery
      will be done at LeBonheur Children's Hospital in Memphis where most
      major surgeries for St.Jude patients are performed.He wants to do
      the direct bypass because of the severity of her condition but,of
      course it will depend on the size of the artery needed.If she is not
      a candidate for the STA/MCA,she will have the EDAS
      procedure.Thankfully,I did not listen to the Vanderbilt surgeon's
      advice.Her next MRI was scheduled at Vanderbilt in August.It is
      scary to think of what might have happened to her if we had waited
      that long.In the past week,I have started noticing that her
      headaches are getting worse and she is getting confused about simple
      things and even forgetting names(sisters,grandpa,etc.)I want to
      thank everyone who urged me to get a second opinion.I will let you
      know when we find out the date for her surgery.

      Jennifer