seisures or learning disabilities

  • harmonmandy
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2, 2002
      Does anyone's children have seisures or learning disabilities after
      surgery? I noticed on a eeg report from my daughter that the left
      side was considerbly slower than the rest and the report stated that
      they felt it was concurrent with the moya moya. I have never heard
      this have any of you? Mandy
    • dareinhart@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 15, 2002
        --- harmonmandy <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
        > Does anyone's children have seisures or learning
        > disabilities after
        > surgery? I noticed on a eeg report from my daughter
        > that the left
        > side was considerbly slower than the rest and the
        > report stated that
        > they felt it was concurrent with the moya moya. I
        > have never heard
        > this have any of you? Mandy
        >
        > Hi, Mandy. My daughter has some slight learning
        disabilities due to the strokes she had prior to
        surgery. She has not had an EEG since surgery and is
        off AEDs. Prior to surgery her EEG was markedly
        slowed. I have read that this is one of the signs of
        moyamoya. I'm not sure if it should pick up after
        surgery or not.

        Sorry, don't remember when your daughter had surgery,
        but my daughter had hers 3 years ago. I continue to
        see improvement in her learning abilities. I truly
        believe that some day she will catch up. Denyse

        http://autos.yahoo.com
      • dareinhart@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 15, 2002
          --- harmonmandy <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
          > Does anyone's children have seisures or learning
          > disabilities after
          > surgery? I noticed on a eeg report from my daughter
          > that the left
          > side was considerbly slower than the rest and the
          > report stated that
          > they felt it was concurrent with the moya moya. I
          > have never heard
          > this have any of you? Mandy
          >
          > Hi, Mandy. My daughter has some slight learning
          disabilities due to the strokes she had prior to
          surgery. She has not had an EEG since surgery and is
          off AEDs. Prior to surgery her EEG was markedly
          slowed. I have read that this is one of the signs of
          moyamoya. I'm not sure if it should pick up after
          surgery or not.

          Sorry, don't remember when your daughter had surgery,
          but my daughter had hers 3 years ago. I continue to
          see improvement in her learning abilities. I truly
          believe that some day she will catch up. Denyse

          http://autos.yahoo.com
        • djkrn2000
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 6, 2002
            --- In parentingchildrenwithmoyamoya@y..., harmonmandy <no_reply@y...>
            wrote:
            > Does anyone's children have seisures or learning disabilities after
            > surgery? I noticed on a eeg report from my daughter that the left
            > side was considerbly slower than the rest and the report stated that
            > they felt it was concurrent with the moya moya. I have never heard
            > this have any of you? Mandy

            My sone had seizures prior to his surgeries, and he also does have a
            slight learning difficulty from the decreased blood flow, but overall
            he does fine. His difficulties are related to executive functions
            which deal with organizing his thoughts and actions, but his
            intelligence is ok, just has to have assistance with getting things
            started and following through.
            Debbie