Re: [Parenting Children with Moyamoya] Dr.Steinberg

  • jnokes5
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 29, 2006
      I was going to get Dr.Scott to look at my daughter's scans but he
      was going to charge me $250-which there was no way I could come up
      with at the time.I was not going to wait until I could get the money
      esp.since Dr.Steinberg offered to look at her scans.I have
      researched both doctors & have been told wonderful things about both
      of them.I am sure that I have made the right choice for my daughter.-
      -- In parentingchildrenwithmoyamoya@yahoogroups.com, mardanz@...
      wrote:

      > Don't want to start a debate here or discount the opinions of
      others, but why would you have contacted Steinberg instead of Dr.
      Scott, who specializes in children and does a different procedure.
      My husband is a physician and did exstensive research on both
      approaches/practices and we did not hesitate to go to Boston. I know
      many go to Steinberg, but more take their children to Boston
      Chuildren's. Just want the best possible outcome for everyone.

      > From: "jnokes5" <jnokes5@...>
      > We finally heard from Dr.Steinberg about our daughter's scans.He
      said
      > that she has Moya Moya on both sides(which no one had ever told
      us) &
      > that the left side is worse.He wants to do the surgery on her left
      > side & monitor the right side,however,I know that more than likely
      she
      > will have to have surgery on that side as well.Now,we are just
      trying
      > to raise the money to get her to California as quickly as we
      > can.Thanks to everyone who urged me to get a second opinion.

      home insurance company American family home owner insurance
      > Multi family home for sale Parenting child Single family home for
      sale

      > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
      >
      > Visit your group "parentingchildrenwithmoyamoya" on the web.

      Service.