Re: [Parenting Children with Moyamoya] YuYu update on 3/9/06

  • ilovemybulldog@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 25, 2006
      Cheryl,
      That is wonderful news that your little guy is doing well! WE are still in California at Stanford right now... and finally got around to checking email....Keith had his first surgery with Dr Steinberg last Wens (March 15)and his second one on thursday of this week(March 22). The first one went extremely well. He had 10x the amount of bloodflow then he had before the surgery. With the second one...he obtained 15x the amount from before... he has alot of swelling and was extremely sick... he seemed to be getting better and even ate some jello before we left the hospital last night...unfortunately at 10pm though, he had a petite mal seizure. He is currently in the NCOR right now being monitored and was given something for the seizures. We seen Dr Steinberg as we were leaving ( they have limited hours and you can't stay in the room at certain periods while under observation) He told us that this sometimes happens and he will have to be on seizure meds for a little bit.

      Well... hope to hear from you with another update...

      Sara