YuYu update on 3/9/06

  • Cheryl in NM
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 9, 2006
      Hello all.
      I finally came home to get some sleep and a shower, and so am taking a quick moment to
      post and let you know that YuYu's surgery went very well!!!!
      Dr. Scott is amazing, and YuYu is coming along very well.

      He is post surgery nearly 72 hours now, and doing good.
      Dr. Scott thinks maybe he can be discharged as early as tomorrow EEK!!
      I will post again once YuYu is out of the hospital.
      Thanks for all your kind words and support!

      Sincerely,
      Cheryl Cutting from NM (in Boston at Children's Hospital)
    • ilovemybulldog@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 25, 2006
        Cheryl,
        That is wonderful news that your little guy is doing well! WE are still in California at Stanford right now... and finally got around to checking email....Keith had his first surgery with Dr Steinberg last Wens (March 15)and his second one on thursday of this week(March 22). The first one went extremely well. He had 10x the amount of bloodflow then he had before the surgery. With the second one...he obtained 15x the amount from before... he has alot of swelling and was extremely sick... he seemed to be getting better and even ate some jello before we left the hospital last night...unfortunately at 10pm though, he had a petite mal seizure. He is currently in the NCOR right now being monitored and was given something for the seizures. We seen Dr Steinberg as we were leaving ( they have limited hours and you can't stay in the room at certain periods while under observation) He told us that this sometimes happens and he will have to be on seizure meds for a little bit.

        Well... hope to hear from you with another update...

        Sara