Re: YuYu update 2/26/06 -heading to Boston for surgery

  • chbrigger
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 28, 2006
      Dear Cheryl,

      Two of my children have had this surgery done by Dr. Scott in Boston
      and are doing very well. Katie had hers done 6 years ago and is now
      9. Erik had his done almost 6 years ago and is 10 1/2. Dr. Scott
      and his entire staff are amazing. We felt at ease as soon as we
      arrived in Boston and met everyone. The kids often talk about Dr.
      Scott and love when we have gone for follow up visits with him. He
      is such a wonderful, caring Dr.

      We will keep your family and YuYu in our prayers over the next few
      weeks. If you have any questions about Boston or what to expect
      after surgery, etc. Please feel free to ask. Also there is a great
      website called carepages.com where you can create a page for YuYu
      and post updates about YuYu and your family and friends can sign up
      to get the updates and send you messages. It is a great way to
      communicate without having to send or sort through many emails.

      Good luck and please keep us posted.

      Heather
    • Cheryl in NM
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 4, 2006
        If you have any questions about Boston or what to expect
        > after surgery, etc. Please feel free to ask. > Heather

        Heather,

        YES, we would SO appreciate hearing from you what you experienced
        after the surgery - did your kids have a difficult time coming out
        of the anesthesia? Any tips, ideas, etc.?

        Thanks so much for being out there.
        We met Dr. Scott on Thursday and liked him a lot. It was a relief
        to meet him and find him to be so caring and gentle.

        I will let you know how things go.
        You can email me at: luvfunparenting@... with your post-
        surgery thoughts and ideas and experiences.

        Yours,
        Cheryl