RE: [Parenting Children with Moyamoya] School Health Plans

  • mandy harmon
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 8, 2005
      Ginny,
      Could you share this?

      I could really use it!

      Mandy

      >From: "Ginny McCarthy" <vamcc@...>
      >To: <parentingchildrenwithmoyamoya@yahoogroups.com>
      >Subject: [Parenting Children with Moyamoya] School Health Plans
      >Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 10:30:41 -0400
      >
      >My son, Will, started 2nd grade today. I have gone through the usual
      >anxiety of a new school year coupled with the anxiety of making sure all
      >the new teachers, aides and after-care providers understand moya moya and
      >what to look out for in the way of TIA or stroke symptoms, the need for
      >hydration, etc.
      >
      >Anyway, the school nurse prepared an Individualized Health Care Plan for
      >Will last year My sister [a nurse] revised it to cover the broad range of
      >what to do in the case of a headache to stroke-like symptoms. In addition,
      >how to ward off frustration which may lead to crying, hyperventilation,
      >etc. We make sure everyone gets a copy -- including the gym teacher and
      >aides at recess.
      >
      > I would be happy to share with anyone in case you think something like
      >that would help you out as well.
      >
      >Just let me know.
      >
      >Ginny

    • rebecca phillips
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 8, 2005
        Ginny,
        I would love to see a copy of this. Both my son and daughter arent in school yet, but I do take them to a daycare provided sometimes. It would be nice to have something like that.
        Take care,
        Rebecca Phillips

        mandy harmon <HarmonMandy@...> wrote:
        Ginny,
        Could you share this?

        I could really use it!

        Mandy

        >From: "Ginny McCarthy" <vamcc@...>
        >To: <parentingchildrenwithmoyamoya@yahoogroups.com>
        >Subject: [Parenting Children with Moyamoya] School Health Plans
        >Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 10:30:41 -0400
        >
        >My son, Will, started 2nd grade today. I have gone through the usual
        >anxiety of a new school year coupled with the anxiety of making sure all
        >the new teachers, aides and after-care providers understand moya moya and
        >what to look out for in the way of TIA or stroke symptoms, the need for
        >hydration, etc.
        >
        >Anyway, the school nurse prepared an Individualized Health Care Plan for
        >Will last year My sister [a nurse] revised it to cover the broad range of
        >what to do in the case of a headache to stroke-like symptoms. In addition,
        >how to ward off frustration which may lead to crying, hyperventilation,
        >etc. We make sure everyone gets a copy -- including the gym teacher and
        >aides at recess.
        >
        > I would be happy to share with anyone in case you think something like
        >that would help you out as well.
        >
        >Just let me know.
        >
        >Ginny

        American family home insurance American family home insurance company American family home owner insurance Multi family home for sale Parenting child Single family home for sale

      • Michell
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 9, 2005
          Ginny,

          I too would like to see a copy of this. Trey has not started school yet either, but we are hoping to get him into a preschool setting after he is 3 and potty trained. I would like to go ahead and get a jump start to something like this for when he does start school.

          Thank you,

          Michell

          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 10, 2005
            Ginny,

            I would also like a copy.
            Thanks.

            tlbusam@...

          • mardanz@comcast.net
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 11, 2005
              Has anyone gotten a copy yet? I would love one also. Thanks!
              Ginny,

              I would also like a copy.
              Thanks.

              tlbusam@...

              > Ginny,
              > I would love to see a copy of this. Both my son and daughter arent in school yet, but I do take them to a daycare provided sometimes. It would be nice to have something like that.
              > Take care,
              > Rebecca Phillips
              >
              > mandy harmon <HarmonMandy@...> wrote:
              > Ginny,
              > Could you share this?
              >
              > I could really use it!
              >
              > Mandy
              >

              > >From: "Ginny McCarthy" <vamcc@...>
              > >To: <parentingchildrenwithmoyamoya@yahoogroups.com>
              > >Subject: [Parenting Children with Moyamoya] School Health Plans
              > >Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 10:30:41 -0400
              > >
              > >My son, Will, started 2nd grade today. I have gone through the usual
              > >anxiety of a new school year coupled with the anxiety of making sure all
              > >the new teachers, aides and after-care providers understand moya moya and
              > >what to look out for in the way of TIA or stroke symptoms, the need for
              > >hydration, etc.
              > >
              > >Anyway, the school nurse prepared an Individualized Health Care Plan for
              > >Will last year My sister [a nurse] revised it to cover the broad range of
              > >what to do in the case of a headache to stroke-like symptoms. In addition,
              > >how to ward off frustration which may lead to crying, hyperventilation,
              > >etc. We make sure everyone gets a copy -- including the gym teacher and
              > >aides at recess.
              > >
              > > I would be happy to share with anyone in case you think something like
              > >that would help you out as well.
              > >
              > >Just let me know.
              > >
              > >Ginny

              > American family home insurance American family home insurance company American family home owner insurance Multi family home for sale Parenting child Single family home for sale

              > American family home insurance American family home insurance company American family home owner insurance Multi family home for sale Parenting child Single family home for sale

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

              Visit your group "parentingchildrenwithmoyamoya" on the web.

            • pattil647
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 20, 2006
                I'm new to this message board so I'm not sure if I am doing this
                right -- but I would also like a copy of the IEP. Thanks.

                --- In parentingchildrenwithmoyamoya@yahoogroups.com, mardanz@...
                wrote:

                > Has anyone gotten a copy yet? I would love one also. Thanks!
                > Ginny,
                >
                > I would also like a copy.
                > Thanks.
                >
                > tlbusam@...
                >

                > > Ginny,
                > > I would love to see a copy of this. Both my son and daughter
                arent in school yet, but I do take them to a daycare provided
                sometimes. It would be nice to have something like that.
                > > Take care,
                > > Rebecca Phillips
                > >
                > > mandy harmon <HarmonMandy@...> wrote:
                > > Ginny,
                > > Could you share this?
                > >
                > > I could really use it!
                > >
                > > Mandy
                > >

                > > >From: "Ginny McCarthy" <vamcc@...>
                > > >To: <parentingchildrenwithmoyamoya@yahoogroups.com>
                > > >Subject: [Parenting Children with Moyamoya] School Health Plans
                > > >Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 10:30:41 -0400
                > > >
                > > >My son, Will, started 2nd grade today. I have gone through the
                usual
                > > >anxiety of a new school year coupled with the anxiety of making
                sure all
                > > >the new teachers, aides and after-care providers understand moya
                moya and
                > > >what to look out for in the way of TIA or stroke symptoms, the
                need for
                > > >hydration, etc.
                > > >
                > > >Anyway, the school nurse prepared an Individualized Health Care
                Plan for
                > > >Will last year My sister [a nurse] revised it to cover the
                broad range of
                > > >what to do in the case of a headache to stroke-like symptoms.
                In addition,
                > > >how to ward off frustration which may lead to crying,
                hyperventilation,
                > > >etc. We make sure everyone gets a copy -- including the gym
                teacher and
                > > >aides at recess.
                > > >
                > > > I would be happy to share with anyone in case you think
                something like
                > > >that would help you out as well.
                > > >
                > > >Just let me know.
                > > >
                > > >Ginny

                > > American family home insurance American family home insurance
                company American family home owner insurance Multi family home for
                sale Parenting child Single family home for sale

                Service.