RE: [Parenting Children with Moyamoya] NF1 ???

  • mandy harmon
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 15, 2005
      very interesting- My daughter has many of these coffee colored spots- I will
      have to count them- some are very large.

      >From: "pmteet@..." <pmteet@...>
      >To: <parentingchildrenwithmoyamoya@yahoogroups.com>
      >Subject: RE: [Parenting Children with Moyamoya] NF1 ???
      >Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 20:53:18 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)
      >

      > NF is a genetic disorder. It is charicterized by Cafe'-au-late (tan)
      >patches of skin and benign tumors. It is a nuerological disorder, however
      >it can also be a vascular disorder.
      >There are many serious.
      >
      >http://www.understandingnf1.org/
      >

      >Michelle

    • Michelle
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 15, 2005
        Does she have "freckles" in her armpits and grion? This are also a sure sign of NF but they do not always show up until later childhood. We also get little skin tumors. They are almost alway non cancerous. Only a VERY VERY small number turn to cancer.

        I have a LARGE CAL (coffee colored) spot on my back and under it is a very large tumor. It is worth getting checked out. MOST people with NF go a life time without problems however is should not be ignored, as some doctors believe. MANY of the problems if detected soon enough can be treated.

        Feel free to e-mail me any time

        Michelle.