Mallory's surgery

  • tlmej
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 24, 2005
      Our daughter Mallory had surgery for her Moyamoya on both sides of her
      head on July 18 in Boston by Dr. Scott. Everything went great and
      Mallory is doing great. Her surgey lasted about 8 hours with no
      complications. Prior to her surgery she only experienced migraine
      headaches without any tia's or strokes. Mallory was released from the
      hospital on July 22 and we flew home to Kentucky on Saturday morning.
      The staff at Boston Children's Hospital were first class in everything
      they did in treating Mallory. We would recommend Dr. Scott and BCH for
      anyone looking for help in treating their children.
    • chbrigger
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 24, 2005
        So glad to hear that Mallory is doing so well. My son Erik and
        daughter Katie both had surgery with Dr. Scott about 5 years ago and
        both are doing well. We too loved Dr. Scott and everyone at BCH.
        Thanks for letting us know how Mallory is doing.

        --- In parentingchildrenwithmoyamoya@yahoogroups.com, "tlmej"
        <tlbusam@f...> wrote:
        > Our daughter Mallory had surgery for her Moyamoya on both sides of
        her
        > head on July 18 in Boston by Dr. Scott. Everything went great and
        > Mallory is doing great. Her surgey lasted about 8 hours with no
        > complications. Prior to her surgery she only experienced migraine
        > headaches without any tia's or strokes. Mallory was released from
        the
        > hospital on July 22 and we flew home to Kentucky on Saturday
        morning.
        > The staff at Boston Children's Hospital were first class in
        everything
        > they did in treating Mallory. We would recommend Dr. Scott and BCH
        for
        > anyone looking for help in treating their children.
      • Danette Rogers
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 25, 2005
          I am glad Mallory's surgery went well. I know you are very pleased. My son,
          Austin, had surgery in April 04 on the right side, and Dec 04 on his left.
          He is now 7 yrs old. He just had an MRI/MRA in June and everything looks
          good for him too. Our kids are such troupers. They are a lot stronger than
          we are.

          Danette