Re: [Parenting Children with Moyamoya] TIA after surgery

  • rebecca phillips
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 23, 2005
      Edna,
      Thank you for sharing this information. We will be praying that everything goes well and you will be able to find a doctor to help you.
      Rebecca

      EDNA mojica <jasjosh2003@...> wrote:
      Hi Rebecca:

      My Neurologist here in Manhattan, NY is clueless about my disease & surprised that it came back (symptons) which meant that my surgery wasn't successful. I had surgery back in 1999. I didn't have any yearly check ups after that, actually now, I have been looking for the surgeon who performed my surgery & cannot be found anywhere, he's not even at the hospital anymore. I did have 3 mild strokes after surgery but nothing paralyzed (thank god). My neurologist who treated me back in 1999 is going to have a conference with the other Neurologists at Beth Israel Medical Center to discuss this disease to see if they can tell me some answers to this.
      I hope this helps.

      rebecca phillips <raphillips00@...> wrote:
      Edna,
      What I have been told is that it is a mini-stroke. I read your emails and I am sorry that your symptoms are coming back. Have you been able to talk to a doctor yet?
      Rebecca

      EDNA mojica <jasjosh2003@...> wrote:
      Hi Rebecca:
      I am sorry for sounding funny, but what's an TIA??
      Please reply.
      Edna

      raphillips00 <raphillips00@...> wrote:
      Hello,
      I was hoping that some of you would be able to shed some light on some
      things that have been going on with my children. Both my son and
      daughter had surgery for Moyamoya last summer. We are leaving for Salt
      Lake City in a week to get their yearly check ups and just a few days
      ago my son had a TIA. I have never seem him have symptoms before, but
      he also had two full strokes before his surgery. I was just wondering
      if any of you have experienced the same thing and what took place after
      the yearly check ups. Hope everyone is doing well.
      Sincerely,
      Rebecca Phillips

      Edna Mojica
      718-366-1917 home #